AVS Forum banner

541 - 560 of 682 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I also have the split screen issue after updating firmware. Tested direct connection to multiple devices and multiple cables and still getting split screen. Goes away when video mode changes (switch to HDR for example), bit still annoying. OPTOMA PM DUDE is checking with engineers and hopefully will get back to me soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My firmware system version remained at C04, did yours update?

In mine only the ddp4422 version went up to C05. On step 2 with the usb pen update, the pdf says we should get a solid red power led when the update finishes, but i got a solid purple power led with red flashing lamp and temp leds... did ou get the same?

·
Registered
15 Posts
My firmware system version remained at C04, did yours update?

In mine only the ddp4422 version went up to C05. On step 2 with the usb pen update, the pdf says we should get a solid red power led when the update finishes, but i got a solid purple power led with red flashing lamp and temp leds... did ou get the same?

Yes. Mine updated and is now at C05 and M05.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On my UHD30 with the non upgraded firmware I found that power cycling/restarting the projector was necessary to not see the "low res/pixilation" when turning Enhanced Gaming Mode On in 4K.
After switching it off it looked nearly identical. Immediately switching it back on I did notice the "low res" mode as mentioned earlier in the thread.

"Have you tried turning it on and off again" might actually be the fix. I am haven't tested latency to confirm if EGM in 4K/60 is actually working or not however.
Due to not having enough posts yet here is a broken Link to images with descriptions: imgur. (remove this) com/a/8Z0xCGf

·
Registered
50 Posts
On my UHD30 with the non upgraded firmware I found that power cycling/restarting the projector was necessary to not see the "low res/pixilation" when turning Enhanced Gaming Mode On in 4K.
After switching it off it looked nearly identical. Immediately switching it back on I did notice the "low res" mode as mentioned earlier in the thread.

"Have you tried turning it on and off again" might actually be the fix. I am haven't tested latency to confirm if EGM in 4K/60 is actually working or not however.
Due to not having enough posts yet here is a broken Link to images with descriptions: imgur. (remove this) com/a/8Z0xCGf
Ah ye, i also mentioned that bug some posts back, but that 4K output after power on is not really in EG mode enabled i think, it's just another menu bug, if you disable EG while in that 4K output you'll see that it gets disabled instantly, so because there's no delay turning it off, it almost certainly means it wasn't really enabled.

About the split screen, i only used the projector a couple hours after properly updating and didn't have any split screen issue but that's not enough use time, even on the C04 fw it only happened once in awhile, it didn't happen everyday, and it went away with a simple 5secs resync, it never really bothered me.
Update: ok, just got a split screen, it's not fixed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ah ye, i also mentioned that bug some posts back, but that 4K output after power on is not really in EG mode enabled i think, it's just another menu bug, if you disable EG while in that 4K output you'll see that it gets disabled instantly, so because there's no delay turning it off, it almost certainly means it wasn't really enabled.

About the split screen, i only used the projector a couple hours after properly updating and didn't have any split screen issue but that's not enough use time, even on the C04 fw it only happened once in awhile, it didn't happen everyday, and it went away with a simple 5secs resync, it never really bothered me.
Update: ok, just got a split screen, it's not fixed.
You could be right about EGM being a menu bug. I after having EGM on started my projector and noticed that the 4K mode was clearly not 4K... went into the menu and turned off Enhanced Gaming Mode, the screen went black and then flickered between 1080p and 4K then went back on in 4K. I then turned it on again, black screen low res what looks like 1080p. After this I restarted the projector with the mode still on and it looks like 4K again. NO idea whether to believe the menu is the bug and what it is showing is incorrect or the mode needs lots of resetting to trigger.

If it is a menu bug and the enhanced gaming mode only works in 1080p and 4K latency is not at 25ms this is a huge issue and Optoma need to address this.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You could be right about EGM being a menu bug. I after having EGM on started my projector and noticed that the 4K mode was clearly not 4K... went into the menu and turned off Enhanced Gaming Mode, the screen went black and then flickered between 1080p and 4K then went back on in 4K. I then turned it on again, black screen low res what looks like 1080p. After this I restarted the projector with the mode still on and it looks like 4K again. NO idea whether to believe the menu is the bug and what it is showing is incorrect or the mode needs lots of resetting to trigger.

If it is a menu bug and the enhanced gaming mode only works in 1080p and 4K latency is not at 25ms this is a huge issue and Optoma need to address this.

@OPTOMA PM DUDE 's silence here and also silence from the European optoma tech guy that i was emailing with (went silent after OPTOMA PM DUDE 1st posted here) pretty much shows optoma's disdain for its customers. They obviously don't care cause they don't want to lower their sales, but perfect ground for a false advertising lawsuit.

I still hope that Optoma is magically trying to fix this, preferably by giving us what they promised, and if not possible that at least they make an official update of the real specs with either a partial refund for who bought it already or the choice to return or replace the projector without any hassle\cost.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Optoma UHD50X: The World’s First 240Hz Cinema Gaming 4K Projector,

@OPTOMA PM DUDE 's silence here and also silence from the European optoma tech guy that i was emailing with (went silent after OPTOMA PM DUDE 1st posted here) pretty much shows optoma's disdain for its customers. They obviously don't care cause they don't want to lower their sales, but perfect ground for a false advertising lawsuit.

I still hope that Optoma is magically trying to fix this, preferably by giving us what they promised, and if not possible that at least they make an official update of the real specs with either a partial refund for who bought it already or the choice to return or replace the projector without any hassle\cost.

In his defense, he’s been very communicative with me throughout. He recently told me that it was a holiday in China last week (which is where the R&D team resides) and they were looking into the issues beginning this week for a fix. This was related specifically to the split screen issue. So I’m hoping to hear back within the week. Fingers crossed. This is my first projector and I had it narrowed down between the BenQ TK800M and this one and went with the Optoma. Really hoping this gets resolved ASAP as my return window has closed.

·
Registered
50 Posts

I actually haven't tried doing this after updating to see if there's any change, will try now.
Update: Still same thing, EG on with 4K output, and when i turn it off the menu still hangs with the EG on-off option on screen, but, there was a fast flash on the entire screen as i turned it off, so dunno, we need a real latency test to see whats going on. Got another tone split screen when i turned the projector on too.

@awest74 is there any possibility for you to try the latency doing this? It would take any doubt away.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Im back home again for the day and can try an experiment, so I understand you are suggesting I put the projector in 4k60p enhanced gaming mode, then test latency. Restart the projector and test latency again while comparing perceived resolution?

I also wonder if anyone saw a benefit to the firmware update, I Could do the update today and re-test latency, but dont want to deal with a split screen headache if there is no other benefit.

I actually haven't tried doing this after updating to see if there's any change, will try now.
Update: Still same thing, EG on with 4K output, and when i turn it off the menu still hangs with the EG on-off option on screen, but, there was a fast flash on the entire screen as i turned it off, so dunno, we need a real latency test to see whats going on. Got another tone split screen when i turned the projector on too.

@awest74 is there any possibility for you to try the latency doing this? It would take any doubt away.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Im back home again for the day and can try an experiment, so I understand you are suggesting I put the projector in 4k60p enhanced gaming mode, then test latency. Restart the projector and test latency again while comparing perceived resolution?

I also wonder if anyone saw a benefit to the firmware update, I Could do the update today and re-test latency, but dont want to deal with a split screen headache if there is no other benefit.
Ye, if you keep a 4K source and turn off the projector with EG enabled you'll notice that after turning the projector back on the image output will be at 4K and checkin the menu it will show EG still enabled, this is when it would be nice to see what the latency is. Only after disabling EG and turning it back on will the output be degraded to 1080p.

After updating properly i only had the split screen 2 times and both times happened after turning the projector on, dunno if changing sources/resolutions still makes it happen.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have not updated the firmware, but have confirmed that if left on enhanced gaming mode, then restarted, it does not retain its low input lag mode.

I turned on my UHD50X with a 40kp60 signal with the projector still in enhanced gaming mode. It was ~55ms lag, I toggled EG off, then back on and it dropped to ~26ms. I then left the source connected and restarted the projector and once again got a measured ~55ms input lag on the Leo Bodnar 4K tester.

SOO, looks like a firmware bug reporting you are in EG when you are not. I will do an update in the next week or two after investigating and try again if anyone feels its relevant. However, what I would really like is to understand from Optoma how to get full 4K60p resolution with ~25ms lag, as advertised.

I placed my findings on an Amazon.com review also, in hopes that we get more feedback from Optoma on these issues and to educate other potential buyers on the current capabilities.

Ye, if you keep a 4K source and turn off the projector with EG enabled you'll notice that after turning the projector back on the image output will be at 4K and checkin the menu it will show EG still enabled, this is when it would be nice to see what the latency is. Only after disabling EG and turning it back on will the output be degraded to 1080p.

After updating properly i only had the split screen 2 times and both times happened after turning the projector on, dunno if changing sources/resolutions still makes it happen.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just ordered this projector and these posts are already giving me a case of buyer's remorse. I really don't understand how they can advertise 25ms when the measured values are around double that for 4K. If this doesn't get resolved soon, I'll be sending it back within my return window.

·
Registered
163 Posts

Are you using any keystone correction, or auto keystone correction? I don't know if this projector even has it, but I'm certain other 4k dlps have had split screen issues too and I'm sure I read it could be related to keystone.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Are you using any keystone correction, or auto keystone correction? I don't know if this projector even has it, but I'm certain other 4k dlps have had split screen issues too and I'm sure I read it could be related to keystone.
In my case i have no software image corrections, after the update i even kept all default settings and most the display modes in their vanilla settings as i have a feeling that the colors look better now than with the old firmware, but that might be just my imagination. After doin the 3rd step of the update the projector does a reset, but i dun remember if all settings reverted to their defaults.

I don't care about the split screen issue tho, doesn't happen everyday and it's fixed in like 5secs.

What i would like to know is what Optoma is doing regarding the latency debacle, they went silent here and by email so dunno if they're trying to fix the problem or waiting for a lawsuit lol between @awest74 latency tests and my ruler on the wall there's no way for them to lie their way through and call 4K an image enhancement again :rolleyes:

·
Registered
15 Posts

I have no image adjustment enabled (keystone, etc.) and I’m still having the split screen issue every time I start the projector. The split screen issue resolves itself as soon as the projector “flips” into another mode like HDR for example.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have not updated the firmware, but have confirmed that if left on enhanced gaming mode, then restarted, it does not retain its low input lag mode.

I turned on my UHD50X with a 40kp60 signal with the projector still in enhanced gaming mode. It was ~55ms lag, I toggled EG off, then back on and it dropped to ~26ms. I then left the source connected and restarted the projector and once again got a measured ~55ms input lag on the Leo Bodnar 4K tester.

SOO, looks like a firmware bug reporting you are in EG when you are not. I will do an update in the next week or two after investigating and try again if anyone feels its relevant. However, what I would really like is to understand from Optoma how to get full 4K60p resolution with ~25ms lag, as advertised.

I placed my findings on an Amazon.com review also, in hopes that we get more feedback from Optoma on these issues and to educate other potential buyers on the current capabilities.

Thank you for doing this! It really is surprising to me that this isn't mentioned in any of the reviews (I do understand that it is a delicate thing between switching it to EG, noticing the lower res, or seeing it at 4K and more latency...)

I really do hope Optoma can respond about this and fix this via firmware. The key selling point on this projector is that it is the only DLP 4K that can run at a lower (25 ms) and why many have purchased this, if that isn't possible and the feature is buggy to hide the fact that it isn't, then that is a huge issue.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thank you for posting this. Does this actually fix the issue? Does this mean that you are getting the higher res 4k image AND the lower input lag (~25.8ms) by doing this restart trick? Or is it just flipping back to the higher input lag that others have measure (roughly double what is claimed)?

541 - 560 of 682 Posts