AVS Forum banner

581 - 600 of 687 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah so how are we gonna buy a projector with this enhanced mode that doesn't work. This is ridiculous
As much as I'm disappointed with Optoma for the very same reason you are, you need to be more specific with your complaint.

It's not that gaming mode doesn't work. It does, like really well actually.
In fact, for low RBE effect, lag, and 1080p gaming it's probably still the most versatile DLP you can find for doing this.
It's just that it's 1080p only (at least for right now) and the marketing clearly said different things.

It's ~25ms extra lag for specifically 3840*[email protected], roughly twice the noted specification number.

So it's not that it doesn't work... It doesn't completely work or meet its spec.
Manufacturers do this all the time tho, your responsibility as a consumer is to help accurately hold them to the candle.
1. Samsung 8500 series TV I still own had a "chipset lottery" where the chinese sub-manufacturers didn't meet spec and you had to check the SKU to make sure you got a samsung factory chip (otherwise it wasn't 4k)
2. Literally the PS3. Do you remember how many promises it broke?
Both of these things were some of the coolest toys I ever owned even despite not fully living up to their claims.

They know the mode don't work 100%, so the complaint right now that's relevant is how it's being advertised. It's actually still a really D**n good projector...

Not that I'm trying to defend them but you're beating a well dead horse and they did already start going back to work on fixing their stuff.
Seriously, this thing is still belongs in the cool toy league. It's not an Epson, but it fights hard and holds its own place along with the BenQ HT3550...

Reactions: harrisjr

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah so how are we gonna buy a projector with this enhanced mode that doesn't work. This is ridiculous
As much as I'm disappointed with Optoma for the very same reason you are, you need to be more specific with your complaint.

It's not that gaming mode doesn't work. It does, like really well actually.
In fact, for low RBE effect, lag, and 1080p gaming it's probably still the most versatile DLP you can find for doing this.
It's just that it's 1080p only (at least for right now) and the marketing clearly said different things.

It's ~25ms extra lag for specifically 3840*[email protected], roughly twice the noted specification number.

So it's not that it doesn't work... It doesn't completely work or meet its spec.
Manufacturers do this all the time tho, your responsibility as a consumer is to help accurately hold them to the candle.
1. Samsung 8500 series TV I still own had a "chipset lottery" where the chinese sub-manufacturers didn't meet spec and you had to check the SKU to make sure you got a samsung factory chip (otherwise it wasn't 4k)
2. Literally the PS3. Do you remember how many promises it broke?
Both of these things were some of the coolest toys I ever owned even despite not fully living up to their claims.

They know the mode don't work 100%, so the complaint right now that's relevant is how it's being advertised. It's actually still a really D**n good projector...

Not that I'm trying to defend them but you're beating a well dead horse and they did already start going back to work on fixing their stuff.
Seriously, this thing is still belongs in the cool toy league. It's not an Epson, but it fights hard and holds its own place along with the BenQ HT3550...
I'm actually pretty happy with my purchase and didn't known lag was bad until I came here. I thought I was having another off weekend in COD. I literally got this projector for the input lag with 4k gaming. Without that I could have saved some dough.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New FW for UHD50X and UHD30

1. Update DDP Firmware.
2. Update System Firmware.
3. Auto EDID (must come AFTER 1 and 2.
4. Requires USB-A to USB-A Cable and USB Flash Drive.
5. Windows PC is required for DDP update.

Fixes:

1. Split Screen Issues
2. EDID - unable to select 120Hz or 240Hz in some configurations. Must successfully program Auto EDID for this to be effective.

UHD50X
UHD50X_C05_FW.zip

UHD30
UHD30_C05_FW.zip

This firmware will be posted to Optoma Website later today.

Questions or concerns -- please let me know.
Hello.

Is there a chance to get firmware C05 to my model UHD42 too? I would really appreciate it:)

Thanks!

Regards
BP

·
Registered
51 Posts
@Pilasbros If u feel courageous u can always simply rename the UHD50X in the files to UHD42 and see if it works, at ur own risk ofc ^^

I have been trying a little bit of HDR mode, and i noticed that "Ultra Detail" has to be off or else it introduces awful white halos around blacks.
I wonder if i have any other settings wrong tho, is there any recommended settings for HDR?

Btw, i didn't have any split screen issue in weeks, looks like it is indeed gone with the C05 update.

@OPTOMA PM DUDE Any news regarding the 4K 25ms latency?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys,

Is there a way to stop this PJ from doing the blackscreen/'Searhing...' that it does when content switches (say, to HDR)? For reference, I'm using with with an Xbox One X and a Denon S750H AVR.

Like, let's say I'm sitting in the Xbox Dashboard (set to 4k, that is:[email protected] of course), and I want to start the Gemini Man 4k BluRay. I start the Blu-Ray app, suddenly the screen blacks out and 'Searching' appears. Finally it says 'Source Found', and the Disc menu is now playing. I start the film, then once again black screen, 'Searching' appears... Several seconds later 'Source Found', and we join the film already in progress It's an annoyance. In other projectors this is solved by disabling the other Input ports, but I haven't found out how to do that on this one.. I'm quite new to this PJ (and this thread, so apologies if this has been discussed). Please help! I'm 'Searching' for answers...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey guys,

Is there a way to stop this PJ from doing the blackscreen/'Searhing...' that it does when content switches (say, to HDR)? For reference, I'm using with with an Xbox One X and a Denon S750H AVR.

Like, let's say I'm sitting in the Xbox Dashboard (set to 4k, that is:[email protected] of course), and I want to start the Gemini Man 4k BluRay. I start the Blu-Ray app, suddenly the screen blacks out and 'Searching' appears. Finally it says 'Source Found', and the Disc menu is now playing. I start the film, then once again black screen, 'Searching' appears... Several seconds later 'Source Found', and we join the film already in progress It's an annoyance. In other projectors this is solved by disabling the other Input ports, but I haven't found out how to do that on this one.. I'm quite new to this PJ (and this thread, so apologies if this has been discussed). Please help! I'm 'Searching' for answers...
Maybe it's searching for content from the "VGA2", "Video" and "YPbPr" Ports hahaha

Sad joke aside, it is indeed very annoying, i also have that happening all the time while at the same resolution but since this is my 1st projector i thought that's just how all dlp projectors worked...

I'm not defending optoma, but is it possible that xbox/denon is actually sending out the real 24fps from the movie or the blu-ray app is doing some change to the output signal of the xbox when it's launched? That would probly explain the need for the projector to resync the image, be it from a 60Hz to 24Hz input or sometin else...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys,

This also happens to me. Somewhat annoying.

Also still having the split screen issue after the new firmware update. Have tried reaching out to OPTOMA_PM_DUDE and no word back. Been waiting for a resolution for 45 days now. I guess it’s time to reach out to support. I wish I could return this thing. Horrible experience for my first projector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Also still having the split screen issue after the new firmware update.
Do you have the UHD30?
I think mine only got fixed after i confirmed that both ddp and system were updated to C05 (system didn't upgrade to C05 at first), and i think it never happened to me again after i redid the last step, the auto edid thing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Do you have the UHD30?
I think mine only got fixed after i confirmed that both ddp and system were updated to C05 (system didn't upgrade to C05 at first), and i think it never happened to me again after i redid the last step, the auto edid thing.
I believe so? Under the Firmware menu it says “System C05 and MCU M05”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
So, still waiting on a fix to test with my 4K Leo bodnar. Any indication that the new firmware fixes the resolution loss when in enhanced game mode? I’ve been of the grid for a while

·
Registered
51 Posts
So, still waiting on a fix to test with my 4K Leo bodnar. Any indication that the new firmware fixes the resolution loss when in enhanced game mode? I’ve been of the grid for a while
It definitely does not fix it. @OPTOMA PM DUDE said they are trying to fix it with a new firmware or somethin, but i have a feeling that's more a PR stunt to try to mitigate complaints than anything else... i hope i'm wrong ofc but the lack of news (is there any?) or any time estimate doesn't inspire any confidence.

·
Registered
582 Posts
My friend has this projector and needs some advice. He has an 5.1 AVR with no HDMI and is connecting the projector via HDMI to an APPLE TV 4K Box and also using the optical out of the projector into the optical in on his AVR and he is only getting stereo, no 5.1.
Does the optical out not pass through 5.1? Is there no feature to turn on that can allow this to work or is my friend kinda screwed?

So Apple TV -> HDMI 2.0 cable -> Optoma UHD50 -> Optical out - > optical in on receiver. Please help guys. THanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Why is this thread so quiet???
Cause everybody who bought this projector feels cheated by optoma and are just waiting for news from @OPTOMA PM DUDE lol meanwhile optoma, fraudulently, continues selling this projector while still advertising 25ms latency at 4K.

From the manual:

So unless there's some extra hidden setting for spdif output in the service menus, looks like stereo is it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all! Just got response regarding my ticket from Optoma regarding where is the firmware update for UHD42 when it has been released for the 50X. The response I got was that there is no plan for releasing the update for the UHD42... I am also getting the split screen issue constantly. Also every 5th time the screen goes green at startup... Easy to change picture setting to get back to normal or restart but still a hassle. Anyone else that have tried the 50x fw with the 42?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have you tried to install the update from the UHD50x on the UHD42?
They are identical models and have just a different name for America and Europe

I also installed the firmware from the US site from Optoma on my UHD30 (German device) and it worked without any problems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No I haven't tried it, a bit scared that there are a small SW difference (version numbering or something) between the two meaning the 50x fw would create some problems. The optoma support also said I should not to do this but wait for the official firmware. Too bad they have no plan of releasing it though...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings, I bought the Optoma UHD30 Projector, otherwise I would like to change to the Optoma UHD50x Projector, do you think I will notice a difference in image quality? I do not use it to play, let me know your thinking, Thanks [email protected] write me your recommendation

581 - 600 of 687 Posts