AVS Forum banner

2101 - 2120 of 3670 Posts

·
Banned
6,554 Posts
Do you think it matters which version you get? the download version vs the Ultra Bluray Is the downloaded version going to give you 4k video? Or is this just patterns with no video reference?
I like the download version because he keeps updating it and you get new patterns constantly. You just have to have a way and source of playing the files on the USB drive you use. I have used the 4K FireTV box, NVidia Shield and Panasonic UB900 successfully with a USB thumb drive with these files loaded on it.

Yes, the files are full 4K with HDR and BT2020 WCG.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I like the download version because he keeps updating it and you get new patterns constantly. You just have to have a way and source of playing the files on the USB drive you use. I have used the 4K FireTV box, NVidia Shield and Panasonic UB900 successfully with a USB thumb drive with these files loaded on it.

Yes, the files are full 4K with HDR and BT2020 WCG.
Thank you how are the results? Would you say it's worth it if I already used Disney WOW?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Color and Tint settings on UHD65?

Color and tint settings don't appear under my image menu. There are two blank rows at the bottom of the first page where some people have posted screen shots showing color and tint settings. My firmware is
SYSTEM - C08
LAN - C02
MCU - C03

Are these settings also stripped away in subsequent firmware updates or did it temporarily disappear between versions?

Can these settings be re-enabled at home as opposed to shipping back to factory?

Wishing there's a way to flash firmware at home with a typical USB drive - not some external USB dongle.

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hi Dave,

you have to set your output device from RGB Colorspace to YCbCr Colorspace then display the Optoma these tint&color sliders.

BR, Ronald

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
hey folks,

I have few question regarding this projector

I currently have benq w1070 and i have been using it for couple of years and i am thinking of upgrading it.

1) is this projector, short throw/ long throw/ ultra short throw
2) does this projector connect to internet (wireless ) directly
3) does this projector has bluetooth.

thanks in advance

i know I'm way late to the party on this but your BenQ is almost a short throw PJ - it starts at 1.15x zoom which means that if your screen is 100" wide your PJ needs to be 115" back from the screen.

The UHD60 throw ratio starts at 1.39 which means to get that same 100" wide screen you have to start your PJ at 139" back from the screen - 2' more!

for me to get the screen size I want I almost don't have the room to pull it off.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think I've read most of the thread. I bought a UHD60. Pretty happy. Does anyone have issues with banding? Like in bright areas, the white and really light grays get turned into purple and pink? I had this issue on the default image setting before any tweaking and on all of them. I've used different cables and different image sources. Have it with both 1080p and 2160p. I'm out of ideas of what to change.
I'm having this exact issue as well. Any type of white background or clouds in the sky, is showing the same as you. I'm using an Amazon 4k fire TV and it's plugged through a Yamaha receiver. I tried plugging it in directly and have been messing with the settings and can't fix it. Ugh

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm having this exact issue as well. Any type of white background or clouds in the sky, is showing the same as you. I'm using an Amazon 4k fire TV and it's plugged through a Yamaha receiver. I tried plugging it in directly and have been messing with the settings and can't fix it. Ugh
I have the uhd65, and is the same like you. I am thinking to call optoma support ant to report the problem. Maybe with a future fw upgrade they gonna fix it.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I have the uhd65, and is the same like you. I am thinking to call optoma support ant to report the problem. Maybe with a future fw upgrade they gonna fix it.
I'm using a different receiver (Marantz) but not seeing this issue on my UHD65. If there is some sort of test case (specific source material to try, maybe file available to play online) I am willing to try it. My UHD65 is on firmware C8. I have not yet had any reason to upgrade it to C10. Sure would be nice to have a full list of what was changed. Can't find any release notes anywhere.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi Dave,

you have to set your output device from RGB Colorspace to YCbCr Colorspace then display the Optoma these tint&color sliders.

BR, Ronald
Thanks Ronny - that clears it up! By coincidence I just connected my brand new XBOX One X last night. These color and tint controls magically appeared after I changed color space to YUV.

All of my previous observations were in SDR over an older PC even for WCG and HDR content. The HDR metadata wouldn't pass properly so the UHD65's HDR mode wouldn't enable. Watching UHD Netflix and Youtube thru XBOX is a total game changer! Colors and saturation are finally to the level I had been anticipating.

After watching lots of 4k and up-converted 1080p in SDR, I think WCG + HDR makes a far bigger improvement to image quality than 1080p to 4k. What was a good becomes amazing.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm using a different receiver (Marantz) but not seeing this issue on my UHD65. If there is some sort of test case (specific source material to try, maybe file available to play online) I am willing to try it. My UHD65 is on firmware C8. I have not yet had any reason to upgrade it to C10. Sure would be nice to have a full list of what was changed. Can't find any release notes anywhere.
Rarely I see minor banding on the highest white levels usually in intense skyline shots. The color doesn't shift in my case. A reviewer had observed the UHD6X projectors clipped highest white settings during calibration so perhaps this hardware limitation can be exacerbated with compressed content. Also could your combination of contrast settings + Pure Contrast + brilliant color exaggerate this issue?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can someone recommend a compatible 30ft optical HDMI

Hi all, I am just about to drywall a basement, but will run the HDMI first. I haven’t received my UHD65 yet and need to know if anyone is running a compatible optic HDMI, and their experience of it. I need to run about 30ft
Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
9 Posts
I Highly Recommend this Thread - just click on the link below ---

Thanks for this, however I have read that there might be compatibility issues between the optical cable and the equipment used. I am hoping someone is successfully an optical HDMI with their UHD65, and also whether there may be compatibility issues with the receiver. I have a Denon AVR-X3400H. The whole AV thing is a mine field for a beginner like me 😜

·
Registered
337 Posts
I Highly Recommend this Thread - just click on the link below ---

Thanks for this, however I have read that there might be compatibility issues between the optical cable and the equipment used. I am hoping someone is successfully an optical HDMI with their UHD65, and also whether there may be compatibility issues with the receiver. I have a Denon AVR-X3400H. The whole AV thing is a mine field for a beginner like me 😜
Several of us are running Monoprice's slim run successfully on the UHD 65:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=21568

·
Registered
97 Posts
2:35:1 screen

Hi,

I am considering the options for a 4k projector and Optoma UHD65 is high on the list. Any great news coming from CES yet ?

I have a 2.35:1 133 screen. My question is how complicated is the setup and if I need an extra lens to project that wide. Most of the times the projection would be standard HD 16:9.

Anyone has a similar setup ? Planning to mount it 19' from the screen, on the ceiling. The top frame is at 10" from ceiling. Any concerns ?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Hi all, I am just about to drywall a basement, but will run the HDMI first. I haven’t received my UHD65 yet and need to know if anyone is running a compatible optic HDMI, and their experience of it. I need to run about 30ft
Thanks
Tony
There are NO GUARANTEES on any HDMI cable.

As a Installer - I always recommend running plastic
conduit that will always allow you to pull more cable
after you might determine you need a new HDMI cable.

I just see rp-knight beat me for a few minutes

·
Registered
378 Posts
Rarely I see minor banding on the highest white levels usually in intense skyline shots. The color doesn't shift in my case. A reviewer had observed the UHD6X projectors clipped highest white settings during calibration so perhaps this hardware limitation can be exacerbated with compressed content. Also could your combination of contrast settings + Pure Contrast + brilliant color exaggerate this issue?
Can you post your settings?

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are NO GUARANTEES on any HDMI cable.

As a Installer - I always recommend running plastic
conduit that will always allow you to pull more cable
after you might determine you need a new HDMI cable.

I just see rp-knight beat me for a few minutes
Thanks, putting the conduit in as we speak
Tony

2101 - 2120 of 3670 Posts