AVS Forum banner

3321 - 3340 of 3687 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I am having problems getting a 4k image with my xbox one s.

When I go to the settings i am getting this. I have changed hdmi cables and no luck. Using a Denon AVR-S510BT receiver.

Anyone have any tips/tricks to get this to work?

Thanks!
actually just figured it out. I had to update the firmware on my receiver to get it to work :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think I've read most of the thread. I bought a UHD60. Pretty happy. Does anyone have issues with banding? Like in bright areas, the white and really light grays get turned into purple and pink? I had this issue on the default image setting before any tweaking and on all of them. I've used different cables and different image sources. Have it with both 1080p and 2160p. I'm out of ideas of what to change.
I have the exact same issue.
PC/BluRayPlayer/NvidiaShield -> Denon AVR -> UHD60 over a 15m Optical HDMI cable.

I sent an e-mail to Optoma Support and they started an RMA request with their German support partner. They picked it up after one day with UPS and I got the unit back a week later, same issue!

On the RMA form they wrote (translated):
device checked, color adjusted, device within manufacturer specification, no error, updated firmware, final test OK

I had a unit with Firmware C08 and now I have C13.
While playing with the new functions of the firmware I tried the BACKGROUND option, I remember that I had set it to grey or white and now there seem to be more options (or at least I think); when I set the background to "lightblue/hellblau" the issue is gone and the purple spots disappeared. So far I have not recognized a disadvantage of this setting.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
See if this applies to you: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-digital-projectors-under-3-000-usd-msrp/3062036-optoma-uhd60-white-images-pixelated-purple.html

I have the exact same issue.
PC/BluRayPlayer/NvidiaShield -> Denon AVR -> UHD60 over a 15m Optical HDMI cable.

I sent an e-mail to Optoma Support and they started an RMA request with their German support partner. They picked it up after one day with UPS and I got the unit back a week later, same issue!

On the RMA form they wrote (translated):
device checked, color adjusted, device within manufacturer specification, no error, updated firmware, final test OK

I had a unit with Firmware C08 and now I have C13.
While playing with the new functions of the firmware I tried the BACKGROUND option, I remember that I had set it to grey or white and now there seem to be more options (or at least I think); when I set the background to "lightblue/hellblau" the issue is gone and the purple spots disappeared. So far I have not recognized a disadvantage of this setting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think I might be losing my mind.
Is the optoma uhd60 supposed to have this annoying buzzing noise?

Last summer I bought and returned 2 UHD60s for two reasons, the noise and the fact that I couldn't position it properly with my screen. The second issue was all on me as I didn't prepare beforehand and miscalculated . I ended up getting the UHD51A assuming that it would be just as good but quieter, easier to position and I get 3D back (coming from the hd26). It didn't look as good as the uhd60 at all but I held onto it till now. I had issues with it displaying nicely with my PC and I felt as though the HDR was lacking. The input lag made it unusable for gaming too.

So almost a year later I decide to get the UHD60 again because even though I got two units that had buzzing noise, the picture quality was definitely better. Third times the charm right? Before swapping to uhd60 I decided to use my uhd51a one last time. Honestly, it wasn't as bad as I remembered but gaming on it was definitely a no go. So I swap them out and finally turn on the uhd60 and I'm met with an annoying buzzing sound AGAIN.

So am I just the unluckiest person when it comes to this stuff or is this buzzing normal. I know its not the fan, I can clearly hear the fan turn on after a couple of seconds and its quiet. The buzzing noise however is obnoxiously loud and I cant deal with it. I'm guessing its the color wheel but what do I know?

Any suggestions? I can't return it this time either so I might either try getting into contact with optoma or reselling it and finding a projector that's similar.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys!

Currently I'm not having the Apple TV and don't have a beamer yet.

I'm building my new home and it's about time to provide my electrical wishes for my living room.

I'm going to use my Bose sound bar 700 mounted on the wall ( the sub and the 2 surround speakers work wirelessly with my sounbar ) . from there I want to connect the Bose soundbar with an optical cable or a HDMI cable to the other side of the room ( there will my beamer be ). I afcourse don't want to see this cable so this will be implemented in the ceiling. So for me this is very important that this set up will work flawless.

and from the beamer I will put a HDMI cable to my Apple TV

Is this the best solution? will this work?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think I might be losing my mind.
Is the optoma uhd60 supposed to have this annoying buzzing noise?

Last summer I bought and returned 2 UHD60s for two reasons, the noise and the fact that I couldn't position it properly with my screen. The second issue was all on me as I didn't prepare beforehand and miscalculated . I ended up getting the UHD51A assuming that it would be just as good but quieter, easier to position and I get 3D back (coming from the hd26). It didn't look as good as the uhd60 at all but I held onto it till now. I had issues with it displaying nicely with my PC and I felt as though the HDR was lacking. The input lag made it unusable for gaming too.

So almost a year later I decide to get the UHD60 again because even though I got two units that had buzzing noise, the picture quality was definitely better. Third times the charm right? Before swapping to uhd60 I decided to use my uhd51a one last time. Honestly, it wasn't as bad as I remembered but gaming on it was definitely a no go. So I swap them out and finally turn on the uhd60 and I'm met with an annoying buzzing sound AGAIN.

So am I just the unluckiest person when it comes to this stuff or is this buzzing normal. I know its not the fan, I can clearly hear the fan turn on after a couple of seconds and its quiet. The buzzing noise however is obnoxiously loud and I cant deal with it. I'm guessing its the color wheel but what do I know?

Any suggestions? I can't return it this time either so I might either try getting into contact with optoma or reselling it and finding a projector that's similar.
Mine has a low buzzing noise but it doesn't bother me. Maybe you should consider another manufacturer?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,327
Anyone have recommendations on a scaler to work with this for 16:9 and 2:40 content. I know the Oppo203 I have does this great but I am giving my son this projector and I don't want to give him my 203 :)

A cost effective solution would be great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello everyone,

I just got my UHD60 2 weeks ago, upgraded from an Epson 2045. I'm having a few issues with is and hoping this forum may be able to help.

The first issue is an issue regarding HDMI signal with my PS4 Pro. The chain goes as follows, PS4 Pro with a Monoprice certified premium High Speed HDMI cable to my Onkyo TX NR686 outputted to my UHD60 with a RuiPro optical HDMI 33ft. Initial signal acquisition is pretty slow and I have intermittent signal drop (black screen, searching for signal) during gameplay. If I direct connect with the RuiPro from the PS4 to the UHD60, signal acquisition is much faster and haven't noticed any signal drops. Optoma suggests boosting the HDMI signal power, but I do not know where to locate the setting.

My 2nd question is regarding calibration of the picture. I've used some suggestions on here but the picture ended up looking really blue. Would anyone have any settings suggestions for calibrations.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Hello everyone,

I just got my UHD60 2 weeks ago, upgraded from an Epson 2045. I'm having a few issues with is and hoping this forum may be able to help.

The first issue is an issue regarding HDMI signal with my PS4 Pro. The chain goes as follows, PS4 Pro with a Monoprice certified premium High Speed HDMI cable to my Onkyo TX NR686 outputted to my UHD60 with a RuiPro optical HDMI 33ft. Initial signal acquisition is pretty slow and I have intermittent signal drop (black screen, searching for signal) during gameplay. If I direct connect with the RuiPro from the PS4 to the UHD60, signal acquisition is much faster and haven't noticed any signal drops. Optoma suggests boosting the HDMI signal power, but I do not know where to locate the setting.

My 2nd question is regarding calibration of the picture. I've used some suggestions on here but the picture ended up looking really blue. Would anyone have any settings suggestions for calibrations.
What’s the shortest cable length you can get away with in your environment? Also, what calibration settings have you tried specifically?

·
Registered
19 Posts
What’s the shortest cable length you can get away with in your environment? Also, what calibration settings have you tried specifically?
I tried the settings you posted on March 20th, for some reason the picture turned out really blue on my end and washed out a lot of the colours. Right now I'm having an issue where the yellows are pretty washed out.

For Cable length, My setup needs about 27-30' due to all my gear being in another room. The fibre optical HDMI cable seems toi help, but looks like it's something to do with the AVR and signal issue. I had this happen with my old AVR, Pioneer VSX-521-K, changing my cable at the time helped the issue, but I wasn't pushing 4k HDR content due to my projector not supporting it at the time (Epson 2045).

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I tried the settings you posted on March 20th, for some reason the picture turned out really blue on my end and washed out a lot of the colours. Right now I'm having an issue where the yellows are pretty washed out.

For Cable length, My setup needs about 27-30' due to all my gear being in another room. The fibre optical HDMI cable seems toi help, but looks like it's something to do with the AVR and signal issue. I had this happen with my old AVR, Pioneer VSX-521-K, changing my cable at the time helped the issue, but I wasn't pushing 4k HDR content due to my projector not supporting it at the time (Epson 2045).

Ok, I guess I would say try connecting directly if possible and see if you can isolate it to an AVR issue. Also, please feel free to post some screens of your settings and we can review to see if there's anything we could recommend trying differently from a settings perspective.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok, I guess I would say try connecting directly if possible and see if you can isolate it to an AVR issue. Also, please feel free to post some screens of your settings and we can review to see if there's anything we could recommend trying differently from a settings perspective.
I've changed some HDMI settings like an Optoma CSR said to see if it will change, just need a few more days of testing.

Here are my current settings.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have you tried these settings?

RGB Gain/Bias Settings:
Red Gain: -4
Green Gain: -1
Blue Gain: 12
Red Bias: 0
Green Bias: -1
Blue Bias: 2
Using those tends to make the picture really blue on my screen for some reason.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok, no problem. Have you tried resetting everything to 0 and see how it looks from there? Maybe start small from zero and test incremental changes.
I've used a combination of settings found on this forum as well as with using Disney WOW and a couple of calibration apps on the Apple TV 4K. Here's what I've come up with for my UHD60.

Display Mode: HDR
Wall Color: Off
Dynamic Range: HDR Auto / HDR Picture Mode Standard
Brightness: -2
Contrast: 3
Sharpness: 7
Color: 15
Tint: -2
Gamma: 2.4
Ultra Detail: 3
Dynamic Black:On
Brilliant Color: 3
Color Temp: D65
Color Gamut: Cinema
CMS:
cyan / x offset 0 y offset +15 brightness 0
magenta / x offset -40 y offset -24 brightness 0
yellow / x offset -21 y offset +24 brightness 0
Color Space: Auto
RGB Gain/Bias Settings:
Green Gain: 0
Blue Gain: -7
Red Bias: 2
Green Bias: -2
Blue Bias: 1

I know I may not have the best projector screen, built it myself with material from Carlofet. I'm thinking of upgrading to a EliteScreen Sable B2. Anyone have opinions on it or alternatives?

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I've used a combination of settings found on this forum as well as with using Disney WOW and a couple of calibration apps on the Apple TV 4K. Here's what I've come up with for my UHD60.

Display Mode: HDR
Wall Color: Off
Dynamic Range: HDR Auto / HDR Picture Mode Standard
Brightness: -2
Contrast: 3
Sharpness: 7
Color: 15
Tint: -2
Gamma: 2.4
Ultra Detail: 3
Dynamic Black:On
Brilliant Color: 3
Color Temp: D65
Color Gamut: Cinema
CMS:
cyan / x offset 0 y offset +15 brightness 0
magenta / x offset -40 y offset -24 brightness 0
yellow / x offset -21 y offset +24 brightness 0
Color Space: Auto
RGB Gain/Bias Settings:
Green Gain: 0
Blue Gain: -7
Red Bias: 2
Green Bias: -2
Blue Bias: 1

I know I may not have the best projector screen, built it myself with material from Carlofet. I'm thinking of upgrading to a EliteScreen Sable B2. Anyone have opinions on it or alternatives?

I would recommend a Silver Ticket matte white 1.0 gain screen with this projector.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello,

I have read through the manual and cannot figure what key to press on the remote to show what my source resolution is. Just to check if I am receiving a 4k signal from say Netflix? I'm assuming if it was a 1080p signal it would get up-scaled but I just want to ensure it's receiving a 4k source

Thanks in advance,
Bryan

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would recommend a Silver Ticket matte white 1.0 gain screen with this projector.
Any reason for choosing silver ticket over elite screens?

3321 - 3340 of 3687 Posts