AVS Forum banner

681 - 700 of 3670 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #681
Got to say, I'm looking forward to seeing this. -J
Still working on dialing in. Will let you know.

My theater is actually a test theater. I have rebuilt it 3 times. Literally rebuilt like walls and all. When I get size and position right with the product and materials then final build happens. Been about 2 years so far.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Don't do it..:) I would not just buy a UHD60 because the 65 is back ordered. There are some real differences. If you are mainly movie watching you are going to want the 65.

I hooked up my Tivo to the 65 today. Much better picture than my 55" Samsung LCD but no where close to the LG OLED.
Agreed UHD60 is best in bright room.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #683
Just watched Startrek into the darkness HDR 4K. Loved it on the UHD 65. What a difference from the Epson 3020. So much more detail. Can't imagine what it would be like on these high end laser projectors.:nerd:

Reactions: woodhead2

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm sad to report that my UHD60 after testing a few hrs today is going back. Let me start by saying I am coming from a BenQ W1070 which has the best input lag on a projector I've personally used. Sadly even the UHD60 doesn't meet or exceed the performance in that regard. While it IS better than the 65 the lag is still not for me with 60. The image is AMAZING still. Although I did see rainbows that I did not on the 65 or my W1070. I'm really bummed out hoping this 60 was gonna work for me. Looks like I'm going to just get a new bulb for this old dog or get a BenQ 2150st to hold me over till after CEDIA. UGH

·
Registered
247 Posts
I currently own a projector Epson 5020UB and I really want to jump to 4K in a budget toy.
I´ve read many POV regarding to UHD65 and so far, is my first option in case of make a decision.
Since the 5020UB is really a great 1080p projector (I´m very happy with it), if I go with the UHD65, will I really improve my system? Or will I step back?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #687
Just in case people are wondering with this projector. I hooked up my Surface PC to the UHD65 and am typing on in now. Type and pictures are better than the screen on the surface. No issues EXCEPT I can see the small input lag. If you are a serious gamer, do not buy this projector. I'm not so loving it.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #689
If you can see a small delay while typing or moving the mouse, then very likely the refresh rate is only 30Hz (due to a limitation of the computers HDMI port).
It's actually at 48Hz There are not issues with fluidity it is that I have the screen in front of me with the projector in front of that and you can tell the delay. Screen before display just slightly.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
I'm sad to report that my UHD60 after testing a few hrs today is going back. Let me start by saying I am coming from a BenQ W1070 which has the best input lag on a projector I've personally used. Sadly even the UHD60 doesn't meet or exceed the performance in that regard. While it IS better than the 65 the lag is still not for me with 60. The image is AMAZING still. Although I did see rainbows that I did not on the 65 or my W1070. I'm really bummed out hoping this 60 was gonna work for me. Looks like I'm going to just get a new bulb for this old dog or get a BenQ 2150st to hold me over till after CEDIA. UGH
Kraine tested the UHD550 as having more than the advertised 33ms of lag- around 50 ms I believe. I get that the UHD550 and UHD60 are different models but if Optoma lied about the lag on the 550 what are the chances they lied about the UHD60?

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Kraine tested the UHD550 as having more than the advertised 33ms of lag- around 50 ms I believe. I get that the UHD550 and UHD60 are different models but if Optoma lied about the lag on the 550 what are the chances they lied about the UHD60?
Optoma actually quoted the lag on the uhd60 as variable 33-50ms if I recall.

And uhd65 something like 66-82ms.

Champion competition video gaming projector remains Vivitek H9090 IMO - if you don't mind 1080p.

16ms, LED light source, perfect motion resolution, no RBE at all.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #693
Optoma actually quoted the lag on the uhd60 as variable 33-50ms if I recall.

And uhd65 something like 66-82ms.

Champion competition video gaming projector remains Vivitek H9090 IMO - if you don't mind 1080p.

16ms, LED light source, perfect motion resolution, no RBE at all.
UHD60 is the way to go if you game. Just played a little XBox Infinity speedway. No problem doing it but you can tell there is a little lag. Won't hinder regular play but if it's milliseconds and you head is going to get blown off you may not want the UHD65

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #694
My heart jumped a little bit ago. My UHD65 locked up switching video inputs. Now it is Saturday and maybe was not fully awake :eek: but I actually had to pull the plug. I have done the switching probably 50 times in the past but this time it locked....we will see.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #698
Correct. once you are used to lower you cant down grade like that.
Depends on your gaming needs and has been litigated all the way through no need to rehash. True owners including myself have reported their experiences.

If you need real low input lag buy something else. If you game and can live with it and want 4K it's a great projector for the price.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Worked today on getting the UHD60 dialed in with a completely dark room. Pretty sure I got it. Picture is razor sharp and blacks are good.

Took a few pictures while watching "Passengers". Take a look at the shirt Jennifer Lawrence is wearing. That's a pretty good representation of the blacks I'm getting. It's not grey or washed out, but of course not ink black either.

The other picture shows the nice strong saturated colors and sharpness.

I realize it's hard to capture how it really looks but it's as close as I could get.

My main point is that if the UHD65 is not in your budget, the UHD60 is completely satisfactory for any type of entertainment you could throw at it.

681 - 700 of 3670 Posts