AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bough laser projector Optoma uhz65lv. The colors and brightness are great, but strange artefacts are occurring. They are present in dynamic scenes, mostly related with movement and bright colors. Projector was send do producer and I get new one. It is a little bit better, but issue remains. Does anyone have idea what the root cause is?

Input source is latest Apple TV. I checked few hdmi cables, all high quality one.

Artifacts are very short, but some kind of colorful blink is noticabble. I recorded some projections and found this moments:

I hope some can help me with this. I'm quite desperated now.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
I bough laser projector Optoma uhz65lv. The colors and brightness are great, but strange artefacts are occurring. They are present in dynamic scenes, mostly related with movement and bright colors. Projector was send do producer and I get new one. It is a little bit better, but issue remains. Does anyone have idea what the root cause is?

Input source is latest Apple TV. I checked few hdmi cables, all high quality one.

Artifacts are very short, but some kind of colorful blink is noticabble. I recorded some projections and found this moments:

Looks like classic RBE* to me I'm afraid. A known downside to most DLP projectors.
Looks like you are susceptible.
Your best bet is to return it and go with a 3 chip design. Such as Epson 3LCD etc. You may have to give up the laser light source however, unless you can spend considerably more.

*Rainbow Effect

·
Registered
8,605 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought it around month ago. It was over 20 days at the manufacturer's service point. I’ll contact with shop and try replace it for different one. Unfortunately is was purchase with company invoice so according to law they are not obligated accept returning.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
I bought it around month ago. It was over 20 days at the manufacturer's service point. I’ll contact with shop and try replace it for different one. Unfortunately is was purchase with company invoice so according to law they are not obligated accept returning.
Good luck getting it returned. If it causes you stress and headaches when you view it, then it is not fit for purpose.

·
Registered
52 Posts
For this reason I didn't buy Optoma. Their firmware process is like a secret. Need to send it to service center is a BS process. Most of the people are capable of downloading and updating by themselves.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts

That looks like a very low quality signal. Do you have a 4K blu-ray player? How do the images look from that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts