AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya, my Optoma HD70 has 1850 hours on the bulb (at least - that's what the menu tells me) but now I have a flashing in the lower left of the screen. I tried not running it for a day with no change. It doesn't do it all the time - if I switch through some menus or change inputs it stops for a little bit then returns. This happens irregardless of input. Now it does it almost all the time.

Could my bulb be crapping out? I typically use cinema mode for movies and bright for video games, so there's no way I've been running it on bright all this time. I do have the projector running for long periods, however. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called Optoma and they want me to send it in - they seem to think that it's something to do with the board or the mirrors and it's not the bulb. He said he's never heard of the problem before, though. I'd hate to send it in and be told it IS the bulb and them I'm out shipping AND a bulb!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerdoberman /forum/post/12848138

Picture? Mine just says...Appoaching end of bulb life...or something like that when I start it up and then goes away when the PJ is ready for the source image.

There's no message - I'm looking in the bulb hour section of the menu. The flashing is on the projected image, whatever it is, and the picture brightens and darkens. But only in the lower left with less on the lower right.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
If you set the menu to flip the image and then reverse it, does the flashing move also or stay in the bottom left regardless of image setting?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconlabtech /forum/post/12852616

If you set the menu to flip the image and then reverse it, does the flashing move also or stay in the bottom left regardless of image setting?

I tried all 4 image modes (upside down, reversed,etc) and the flashing is still in the lower left of the screen moving less to the right. No real change. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
AH, the picture brightens and darkens.. That kind of flashing. Ok, are you running it in Economy mode? Switch up to high for several hours and see what happens when you go back down to economy. Lamps can develop this problem but you can use more wattage to smooth it out.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice! I shall try it. I use economy mode for my htpc and bright mode for my games. Is it possible it's not getting enough juice as well? I live in an older home..

·
Registered
314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattardo /forum/post/12848210

There's no message - I'm looking in the bulb hour section of the menu. The flashing is on the projected image, whatever it is, and the picture brightens and darkens. But only in the lower left with less on the lower right.

Turn OFF that Frickin' ImageAI mode!

When I first read your response I instantly thought you turned ON the ImageAI mode, so check and see if it is turned OFF.

Does it occur from all sources? TV, DVD, Computer? Also check for ground loop, this occurs with tuners and the projector...so TV, Cable.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No ImageAI here, thank you very much. I'm checking now to see if it happens on HDMI at all - I've never noticed it on HDMI. I want to try all options before I ship it to Optoma...yikes. More than 24 hours without my Pj? What do they expect me to do? Play the piano or something?!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts