AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I hook my Westinghouse 32w6 lcd hdtv up to my Macbook Pro via DVI>HDMI, I get an orange glow on most text.

I know I'm not explaining it well, but hopefully this picture will help. The problem seems worse with black text on white / light background. When I crank the saturation up, it amplifies the problem.

Hopefully someone can help. This problem DOES NOT appear over VGA, but I prefer digital's clarity.

http://img1.imagefuse.com/anon/11690907822.jpg for the image. Please click only if you think you can help, because its a large image and they kill the link after 50 hits

Apparently I need 5 posts before I can post images, so just copy paste it starting at img1 and ending with 22.jpg and replace (DOT) with a .

In the picture, you'll see the words wikip in the header of firefox are some of the worst, but its everywhere.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Can you use your digital camera and post an image of it here so we experts can tell you what to do?

Oh yes don't use cheap HDMI to DVI cable, I am not saying to go crazy and buying high price stuff. Try different brands. I use Philips 24K Gold Plated and Philips 24K Gold Plated PTX 1000 series for Theater Systems. The only difference between the two are that PTX cable is PVC and it's black and thicker.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Tipstr,

I took a picture, but it wouldn't let me post the URL so I had to break the URL up all weird.

Its up there, you just have to change the (DOT)s to actual .'s

The cable is high quality afaik. Its the high end one from monoprice, and I've never had problems with them in the past.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipstir /forum/post/0

You didn't post those pictures, so how can your problem be taken care of.. Why not return the set and get an FUNAI Emerson EWL3706 instead...

I posted the picture - its been there since the original post. Its in the original post!

And no thanks on the FUNAI thing.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Oh.. I see the problem?

Try this..

Turn down the color all the way to you get black and white.

Open the image up again..

Adjust your sharpness until you can read the text on the screen

Now adjust your color until you don't see the bleeding of any colors.

You need to get that free LCD Setup Guide DVD from 3M or buy AVIA.

Your set is off blance in imaging... Try the above...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think the orange/blue fringing on some of the text in that picture is from subpixel font antialiasing. Try going into System Preferences, Appearance, and playing with the Font Smoothing Style setting-- I think "Standard" will get rid of your problem.

Is the Mac seeing the panel at *exactly* its native resolution?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.