AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently acquired a few BG801s chassis in decent shape and found in each of the main menus that they have an orbit function. I've owned units like this before and never even knew such an option even existed for a Barco.

I've searched this and other forums (can't get into Phil's), the internet in general, and even looked through the tech manual and cannot find any reference to it.

Anyone know where this circuit is located? I've quickly looked over the boards and haven't noticed an obvious difference between them and my other non-orbit chassis'. Is this a custom feature done by a 3rd party or is it from Barco? It would be nice to be able to simply install it on another machine.

I see Per Johnny, Cousin.It, Kal, Terry and others very familiar with Barco are on the forum today....so figured it's a good time to ask about this.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
968 Posts
Chris,

Its a Barco optional kit. I've got a couple of the kits and the instructions show that its an added daughterboard to the vertical deflection/sync board. It requires soldering and such to incorporate the wiring. Also, if you're going to orbit multiple projectors there is a board that replaces the Port 3 RGB input board with a simple board that you wire from projector to projector.

Mark

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mark!

I see the daughterboard now, and can see where it's referred to in the manual now that I know the location. Appears several resistors are changed in that neighborhood.

Interesting. A new feature to play with:) .

Thanks again,

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.