AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In another thread, it has been said that the pioneer orbiter mode only works on rgb input (see http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...99#post1082799 ). That seems odd to me. Can someone else confirm that? More generally, what do we know about what pioneer's orbiter mode is, how it works and when it works?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Alan:

From page 146 of the Pioneer 503CMX Technical Manual:

Quote:
This function moves the screen’s display position little by little over time. (Around every 8 minutes, the position is shifted horizontally and vertically 1 bit each (range: ±3 bits). When ORBITER MODE is set ON, it will work to reduce the occurrence of screen burn-in when still images are displayed.
And:

Quote:
ORBITER MODE applies to all inputs (INPUT1~5).
It’s probably safe to say the manual would be correct, despite any opinions to the contrary.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Jim. I thought I remembered reading that. So the info in the other thread is just incorrect.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The other tread referred to a 5030HD, not the CMX... The orbiter function is not activated on the HD model as far as I can see on my 433HD which uses the same media box as the 5030HD... Actually I am not even able to access any menus to turn the feature on either.

If anyone knows how to access the service menu on a 433 or 5030HD, I would be very grateful if they shared this info with me!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.