1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Panamax Max4300 State of the Art Filtration System

2. Sony DVPNS715P Progressive Scan DVD Player- Sleek and silver

3. Sony’s new SLV-N88 VCR .....will complement your WEGA® TV

and the Big Daddy: NEW 50-inch Grand WEGA™ 16:9 LCD Rear Projection TV – the KF-50XBR800. Offering 50-inches of flat out fantastic entertainment, this television packs all the power you seek in the perfect size ---- Should be just the right size, NOT toooo BIG

Is this a Good combo? I Hope so ... New to this Game

I am having an Entertainment cabinet-center built around-for this sucker, white or antique white, should be nice

I will post pics when, if it arrives and gets built in my basement

Phil

:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Do you really expect to be using a vcr much? I just ask because once I got into having a nice display I simply removed my vcr and gave away my tapes. It just hurt me too much to watch it compared to the quality of a dvd. I don't know much about the dvd unit you are purchasing. If you have read up on it then great, if not I would :) I know the pany rp82 is a very popular unit and I think it comes in both black and silver and is somewhere around the $200 pricepoint. I do like the panamax altho that is the last thing I have left (for now anyways) to add to my setup.

C

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Take the DVD player back - I've seen it paired with the 50 (I also own a 50 myself) and it looks awful via progressive. The player I have looks much better than the Sony you mention. My DVD player is no longer available for purchase but you might try the Panasonic RP82 - it is the hot ticket right now. It has a chrome face and would probably fit in nicely with the TV. It upsamples audio to 96Khz and does an amazing job deinterlacing. Pretty cheap online too.

Ron

·
Registered
350 Posts
Don't know what the filtration thing is?? I would go with Ron's suggestion of looking into the RP82, seems to be getting lots of good reviews. Spend some time in the DVD forum. As for the VCR, well, you won't like the picture quality on these with a VCR. Hooked one up to my 60, yuck. Enjoy the set!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ted08721
Whats a vcr ?:D
I think they r still usefull have alot of tapes from home movies and untill I get them transferr to dvd it has its use but if I did not have enough room in cabinet think it would be 1st item removed. Plus still not up to speed with those tivo?? or what ever they call them for recording but have to admit haven't recorded anything in long time but still nice to have vcr till I catch up to speed

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ok, i've scoured this site and i still can't glean what a "GW2" is. I'm guessing its a Sony XBR, but why is it called the GW2? what am i missing?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Phil,

I bought the Sony DVPNS715P last week right after I got my GWII 60". It was a vast improvment over my 7 year old Sony non progressive. I have not seen a problem with this unit. The DVD movies are awesome.

Best Buy had it last week for $188. I compared it against several other units (went in to buy the Toshiba recommended buy) but didn't like the build quality of the other units. Some of these disc drawers on other units look pretty flimsy compared to the Sony.

DVD players have become pretty disposable with technology moving so quickly. You'll likely but buying an updated unit in three-four years the way things are going.

Anybody for HD DVD?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by steakdaddy
Ok, i've scoured this site and i still can't glean what a "GW2" is. I'm guessing its a Sony XBR, but why is it called the GW2? what am i missing?
It is short term for new models of grand wega lcd. Old model kf60dx100 ,new models kf60xbr800/kf50xbr800. There had been some confusion on which model people were posting on old model or new one so for new models GW2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.