AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need some sort of rehab for this place, I keep spending money. The latest is thanks to bth and others :rolleyes:

Anyway, I went with Sanway DP10Q. Havent seen anyone use one of their dsp models so figured I do my duty and try them. This one is also touchscreen so might make things a little easier on the fly. If it seems lacking on the subs, I will just bridge them. Hopefully that is not the case so I don’t have to buy more lol

https://www.china-sanway.com/Sanway-4-Channel-Digital-DSP-Audio-Power-Amplifier-with-Touch-Screen-DP10Q-pd6274625.html

I attached a current price list as well if anyone needs. The D10Q (non touchscreen) is 790.00, the DP10Q is 835.00.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
There have been many inquiries in regards to the DP10Q and now we have someone who can provide real world experiences. Good for you:)
Can't wait to hear your impressions.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There have been many inquiries in regards to the DP10Q and now we have someone who can provide real world experiences. Good for you:)
Can't wait to hear your impressions.
Yeah I’m surprised no one has tried a dsp version yet. Maybe it will not be that great, but it should at least provide some flexibility or an additional tool set either way.

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
I didn't try the dsp version because I was too afraid. You are a brave soul... ;)

It's hard enough just trying to get something that works from china, let alone something that's far more complicated.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't try the dsp version because I was too afraid. You are a brave soul... ;)

It's hard enough just trying to get something that works from china, let alone something that's far more complicated.
Man, you sure do know how to make a guys nerves settle down 😉

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Don't allow him to unnerve you.

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
Man, you sure do know how to make a guys nerves settle down 😉
Why not a miniDSP and the cheaper non-dsp amps?

The miniDSP can HPF and EQ to 10hz. The dsp stuff in most other products can't...

I guess if it were just for multi-way actives it would make things simpler (maybe), however I'm not sure how well their software works when you have 10 of their dsp amps plugging in to a single pc all at once.
I know that the usb mb chip and any external hubs will handle 10 at once, but what of their china software?
It would suck having to connect each one in isolation every time you want to configurate anything. Hopefully that's not the case...

Am I doing a good job of calming your nerves yet? :p

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
I need some sort of rehab for this place, I keep spending money. The latest is thanks to bth and others :rolleyes:

Anyway, I went with Sanway DP10Q. Havent seen anyone use one of their dsp models so figured I do my duty and try them. This one is also touchscreen so might make things a little easier on the fly. If it seems lacking on the subs, I will just bridge them. Hopefully that is not the case so I don’t have to buy more lol

https://www.china-sanway.com/Sanway-4-Channel-Digital-DSP-Audio-Power-Amplifier-with-Touch-Screen-DP10Q-pd6274625.html

I attached a current price list as well if anyone needs. The D10Q (non touchscreen) is 790.00, the DP10Q is 835.00.

Hum...looks great on paper, as they all do. At first glance my thoughts are...That screen is one more thing that can go wrong...lol

Looks like it can be networked. Would love to see a video of you navigating the DSP and hear your overall general impressions.

I'd probably end up giving it a shot if it works out for you. I really really like networked DSP and being able to adjust easily on the fly.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why not a miniDSP and the cheaper non-dsp amps?

The miniDSP can HPF and EQ to 10hz. The dsp stuff in most other products can't...

I guess if it were just for multi-way actives it would make things simpler (maybe), however I'm not sure how well their software works when you have 10 of their dsp amps plugging in to a single pc all at once.
I know that the usb mb chip and any external hubs will handle 10 at once, but what of their china software?
It would suck having to connect each one in isolation every time you want to configurate anything. Hopefully that's not the case...

Am I doing a good job of calming your nerves yet? :p

This has HPF and LPF as well. Minidsp would mean I need two of them. I wasn’t aware of a price change to 599 so I thought that would be another 2000. At 599 that is still another 1200 I read of the 500 on these. I mean yeah, it could end up not being very good, but I have been seeing over the years here that Sanway has a good track record overall, so why not give it a shot? Somebody has to do it.

For hooking everything to pc at once, hell i don’t know man lol! My pc is about 15 years old so that may be more of a problem than the amps 😉 besides, that’s the enticing point of the touchscreen

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hum...looks great on paper, as they all do. At first glance my thoughts are...That screen is one more thing that can go wrong...lol

Looks like it can be networked. Would love to see a video of you navigating the DSP and hear your overall general impressions.

I'd probably end up giving it a shot if it works out for you. I really really like networked DSP and being able to adjust easily on the fly.
I will do what I can sir!

I asked her for a full price list and she gave me the attached 👍

Attachments

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
I will do what I can sir!

I asked her for a full price list and she gave me the attached 👍
K, so it looks like the primary difference between the DP10Q and the DSP10KQ is the touchscreen. Honestly, if you have it networked, I don't see why you would ever really mess with the touchscreen. Wouldn't you agree?

Are these prices shipped? They seem like they've gotten more aggressive with their pricing from what I remember. Not bad.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
K, so it looks like the primary difference between the DP10Q and the DSP10KQ is the touchscreen. Honestly, if you have it networked, I don't see why you would ever really mess with the touchscreen. Wouldn't you agree?

Are these prices shipped? They seem like they've gotten more aggressive with their pricing from what I remember. Not bad.
I don’t have a pc in my system, so touchscreen should be nice and simple on the fly. Pricing does not include shipping

·
Registered
540 Posts
Here is a question for you. How much is the shipping? I realize that it will change from place to place but as a ball park? I am strongly considering ordering a FP14k. Or would that be to much for a pair of Hs-24? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Here is a question for you. How much is the shipping? I realize that it will change from place to place but as a ball park? I am strongly considering ordering a FP14k. Or would that be to much for a pair of Hs-24? Thanks for the info.
I pushed a pair of HS-24's with a FP14K. Great combo, plenty of power.

Keep in mind, the FP14K is powerful enough to cause thermal failure of the HS-24.

Ask me how I know. :eek:

Edit: Need to make it known that the driver I fried was actually damaged when we tested it at a GTG pushing something like 8,000 watts in a 10ft^3 sealed box. I just finished it off and froze it up completely one night at moderate levels. Honestly, I didn't even realize it froze up for a few days because my near field was doing most of the heavy lifting.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Were you clipping the amp?

1 - 20 of 91 Posts