AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've been looking at the 938's or the SV-10's and building a HT setup with those or just getting the SX-HTB's. Will you do a quick review when u get them and after you've had time to break them in? I want to get some other people feedback since you can't demo them in any local stores.

Thanx

·
Registered
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TJC
auction ended last night on the AV-5's.

better price than fluance website.

it' slowly coming together.....piece by piece..
What do you mean by slowly? What happened ?

Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, its been 2 months and 1 day since construction began. to me that's a long time to wait for this thing to come together. i have spent so much $$ in that time frame even though doing all work myself except for heating and carpet install, got great install price at HD with free pad offer and 10% of coupon. due to be installed on 4/23.

i have all the door woodwork complete. working on my audio cabinet and half wall tops. tomorrow will get some baseboard moldings ,actually will make those myself. and will get the 4x10 drywall to make screen.

Yes, the speakers arrived in great shape yesterday. i have had them going for the past 13 hours to break them in a bit.

i am no speaker authority in the least bit so any type of review i give would be extremely novice.

when i first connected them i wasn't all that impressed. the sound from the tweeter seemed to be somewhat stat-icky.

i will not know for sure how these will stand up until the real test movie playing begins next week. i will compare them to my JBL book shelfs that sound pretty decent. keep in mind that these are the AV-5's from what i hear the 938's supposedly are the better sounding speaker.

talk to ya soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.