AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I ordered a Haier model hl32d1 32" 720p lcd, a new model, it will arrive tomorrow, i am on a tight budget and i found a good deal. I am upgrading from a 27" crt flat tube tv, non HD. I am new in this HD stuff, i have a HD receiver from At&t uverse. I sit about 8ft away. My question is, will i notice an improvement from my crt to this HD lcd tv? I appreciate any kind info on this. Thanks.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
HD programs will look better on the new TV, SD progams will probably look worse due to the upscaling from 480i to 720p that is required.

Since the heigth of the two screens is almost the same (the 32" widescreen is only slightly shorter then a 27" standard screen) meaningfull content will content will not be physicsally larger on the screen the HD content does provide more of a theater effect since 32" widescreen is 33% wider then the 27" standard screen.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'd also make sure you use the best hookup possible. If your HD receiver has an HDMI output, then I would use that for the best possible HD picture quality.

You can get a good quality cable, cheaply, from monoprice.com

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the tv. I got the HDMI also, thanks Lazer. The tv with HD is extremely good. It has very good black levels, when watching it straight on, then off angle, the blacks fade away, which i knew about Lcds off angle viewing. This tv has same picture quality as my friends 32 Samsung, i couldn't believe it. The colors are very accurate and it has a lot of features. All in all, i am very satisfied with this tv. Again, thank you Walford and Lazerfan for your kind help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts