AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ordered My Carpet Today

1K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  tidalwdave 
#1 ·
Well, I finally got around to it and placed the order for my carpet today. I could not decide if I wanted some really cool custom carpet or just some normal stuff from Home Depot. Well I decided to go for it and ordered some custom stuff the only thing is that I only needed 30yds and their minimum is 48 yds so it looks I will have an extra 18yds of carpet to do something with. Anyway this is what I ordered what do ya'll think?

http://www.astrocarpetmills.com/imag...ack_medium.jpg

worked out to about $12 / yd shipping was only $51 but I will have to pick it up at the terminal which for me is no big deal and will save me about $100.

#4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidalwdave
I'm not a fan of the "busy" carpet in a home theater, but if I HAD to choose one, that would be one I'd go with.
Well the thing is that the walls are black velvet the screen wall is black grille cloth the ceiling is black and the seating is black. So I thought that since everything thing is so, well, black a little busy and a little color on the floor would be OK .

#8 ·
Astro Carpet Mills they are located in GA and are some super nice people to deal with They do have a web site astrocarpetmills.com the have tons of different stuff. I spoke with Ivonne. If ya call em tell her Paul in Orlando said hi. But like I said they have a minimum 48 sq yard order. So I'll probably end up putting 15-18 yrds on Ebay or something.

#9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdreamer7
Astro Carpet Mills they are located in GA and are some super nice people to deal with They do have a web site astrocarpetmills.com the have tons of different stuff. I spoke with Ivonne. If ya call em tell her Paul in Orlando said hi. But like I said they have a minimum 48 sq yard order. So I'll probably end up putting 15-18 yrds on Ebay or something.
Actually, I may be game to buy some off you. I'd like to have something to put my seating on. Kind of like an area rug. Not sure yet though. I don't have my chairs yet. How much to take that carpet off your hands with shipping? What are the exact measurements of it?

#13 ·
I got a sample of the Purple too but decided to order the Showtime Black. When I spoke with them I asked them about wether this one would glow under black light and was told that no it would not but they do have carpets that will just not the showtime line. Carpet came in today and I picked it up at the Terminal no problems It was all wrapped up tight as a bug in a rug :) Can't wait to get it installed.

#15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidalwdave
I'm not a fan of the "busy" carpet in a home theater, but if I HAD to choose one, that would be one I'd go with.
My walls are charcoal grey/black carpet, black ceiling tiles. In the dimmed room for showtime it is not busy at all.

#16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricG
My walls are charcoal grey/black carpet, black ceiling tiles. In the dimmed room for showtime it is not busy at all.
I think it's cool carpet. That's why I want to buy his leftover. It's too busy "for me" for a whole room, but I think it'd look great as like an area rug in a portion of my theater.

I do spend a lot of time in my theater with the lights on reading or goofing off, so I don't think I could have that carpet covering my whole floor. I like it, but my lights are on more than off in my theater, so it would be a bit distracting "to me".

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk112000
Carpet looks really cool!! :)

My carpet is being delivered and installed on the 29th, 30th and 31st !!

Are you installing it your self or having someone come in and do it?

Will there be any pad under your carpet?

Craig
Thanks, Yes it is busy but like said the room is almost all Black and I closed off the only window that was in the room since it is behind my screen wall So it is pitch black in there until I turn lights on and that is just to sit down and get a dvd in then they are dimmed down so I think it will add to my HT instead of being distracting. Which in a well lit room with other colors and stuff going on I could see it being just that.

I am going to have a professional install it. I had a carpet guy look at the sample and he said it should not be a problem to use a pad as long as I don't go with a real think pad. I also spoke with the lady at Astro about this and she recommended that I go with a comercial pad. I have done everything else in the construction of HT by myself but I have never laid carpet before and don't think that it is a skill that want to learn.

#21 ·
Paul,

what size piece do you have leftover? Maybe i could use this for my riser... If you are interested send me a quality pic or a link or something (please)

i do not know if you have enough but i need a piece about 7.5ft x22ft.

This carpet does look to be very nice indeed!

#22 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by power
Paul,

what size piece do you have leftover? Maybe i could use this for my riser... If you are interested send me a quality pic or a link or something (please)

Hey, get in line, I was first. :p ;)

#25 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by power
Paul,

Hey Serge,

You know I would love to help ya out but the piece that I will have left over will not be anywhere near that big. I am guessing that it will probably be about 12x12. Maybe 12x 15 Not sure just yet. I have been having a hard time getting someone to come out and install it I had 2 different people lined up and neither one of them showed up. 1 didn't even bother to call or anything so now I got a 3d guy supposed to be out late next week. As you well know seems like nothing can be easy when your counting on other people sometimes.

Paul (zdreamer)

#26 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdreamer7
Hey Serge,

You know I would love to help ya out but the piece that I will have left over will not be anywhere near that big. I am guessing that it will probably be about 12x12. Maybe 12x 15 Not sure just yet. I have been having a hard time getting someone to come out and install it I had 2 different people lined up and neither one of them showed up. 1 didn't even bother to call or anything so now I got a 3d guy supposed to be out late next week. As you well know seems like nothing can be easy when your counting on other people sometimes.

Paul (zdreamer)

Paul, the 12x12 or 12x15 is perfect for what I want to use it for. :)

Please post photos when you are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.