Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my SONY 60XS955 today.

OKAY - Yes, I know I will get the "you should ahve bought from a B&M store..."

Regardless, while I got a very good price, I am now a nervous wreck because instead of looking at this online retailer's reviews, whiach are about 50/50 Like/Hate... I placed the order.

My only hope is that unhappy customers are more likely to write a review than happy customers.

The site? Big On Digital

Please, someone tell me of a good experience buying a big tv?

Oh, and I'm sure many of you have had bad ones...

Dwaine

·
Registered
38 Posts
My wife and I also just purchased the same model from Sears yesterday. When we saw the 55WF model from Circuit City, we were very impressed. We're hoping XS will have the same PQ or better. We've been researching rptvs for a while (2 years) and we finally did it.

It has not hit me yet that we made a big purchase. If there's any problem with the TV, we'll just simply return it within 30 days.

·
Premium Member
10,472 Posts
I see why after I did some searching. CANCEL YOUR ODER NOW. BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE. Here are some of my favorites...

Quote:
Bought a Sharp 37 inch Aquos LCD from Big on Digital. Big on Digital said there was a rebate but it was expired and then only sent the screen, not the media box. It took three weeks to get the media box. Put the LCD together and half the screen was black. Big on Digital will not exchange the TV. Big on will not do anything but hang up the phone on me! Sharp has been great to deal with. DO NOT BUY FROM BIG ON DIGITAL
Quote:
Purchased Sharp Aquos 30 LCD television.

The TV arrived on time, but screen was flawed.

A call to sales group confirmed that the sales policy for this television is "we will replace any defective products." A series of calls to the service group confirms the policy that "this product ships directly from the manufacturer and we are not responsible for damaged goods. Talk to the product manufacturer or your shipper".

I have contested the charge on my credit card using Visa's system for arbitrating disputes between customers and sellers. This process is expected to take about 30 days. In the mean time, BigOnDigital assumes that I don't exist.

Buy from this company only if you understand you're on your own if the product arrives defective. Don't be confused about their 'insurance' charge as "we can't know where the product was damaged, and the insurance is only for shipping".

Recontacted the company on June 02 to try to tell them I had initiated a dispute over the charge with Visa. They said one week had going by since I received the TV, so nothing they have to do about it. (Even though the first contact was within the first week.)
Quote:
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE THIEVES!!!

I ordered a 60" Sony one month ago from them, and it hasn't arrived. It allegedly got "lost" during shipment. I advised I am cancelling my order, in which the manager, Jerry, asked me if I was on drugs! I am not making this up. I am contacting the state Attorney General and have discussed this with my credit card company. Under no circumstances should anyone do business with these scam artists.
Quote:
This company is a scam, I ordered a NEW samsung HLN567W TV (3,000.00)and was sent (4/21) a refurbed unit (in a repacked carton )with a bad picture, I called Samsung with the serial #,they told me it had been repaired a month earlier. I called that morning (4/23)and asked about the TV,B.O.D (Stan)told me it was a new unit, when I told them I spoke to Samsung they replied that I must have received a refurb by mistake, Mark told me the same.I asked twice for a RA # ,still waiting, No calls returned by Mark the manager, over 20 emails sent without a reply. Now I have Am.Exp.looking into them.Samsung is contacting the company who repaired it for B.O.D.and they will contact them about false advertising.When this is over I will never do business with them again and I will do my best that no one else does either.They knew what they sent ,I purchased in good faith which they know nothing about!This company knows nothing about customer service, the only thing they know how to do is to put you on hold while passing you from person to person. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!!
Quote:
if you're read this, i'm one of you. i check the company's rating before i shop. DO NOT believe the good ratings, it's all lies, all written by themself. Do youself a favor, dont waste your time. low website price, then push you to buy overprice accesories, if you refuse to buy the overprice stuffs. your order will be not in stock.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have seen the WE and I just saw the 60" XS today in Best Buy. I really liked the picture on the XS set !!! For some reason this set is already on sale for a good discount. The price is actually a few hunderd lower than the MSRP from the 60we610.

As for Big on Digital http://www.shopping.com/xMR-Big_On_D...MRD-303744~S-1

about 34% would shop there again.... I would just go to best buy.....

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, when I called to share my concern about all these bad ratings William assured me I would be happy with their service. All I can do now is wait, see and hope for the best. I doubt all the positive experiences are from fake people even while some may be. I hope the 3 year warranty I bought is a reputable company.

Now, how can all these stores have this tv when SONY's sight says the 22nd?

·
Registered
146 Posts
We haven't gotten it out yet, but it's sitting in the back waiting to get put out.

Just as an FYI to those interested in some of the following TV's, Best Buy is dropping the 84 series Toshiba's, the Toshiba HM DLP's, and the Samsung pedestal models from the lineup. So you might see if your local store is in the "sell through" phase yet.

·
Registered
47 Posts
BB had 10 sets available but 110 on the waiting list.... I guess SONY suppliers there retailers before they sell them on their website

·
Registered
81 Posts
"Well, when I called to share my concern about all these bad ratings William assured me I would be happy with their service."

They told you exactly what you wanted to hear and now they have you. That company is a scam. Contact your credit card company now and do a preemptive bail out before it's too late.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Has anyone on this site had a good experience with this company?

·
Premium Member
10,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by singitloud
Has anyone on this site had a good experience with this company?
They pay my wife big bucks to keep the AG off their backs.;)

Sit back and relax. You are in good hands with these guys. I wrote the other note before my wife told me

they were one of her clients. Please ignore my previous unbiased comment.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, here is a BBB report I pulled up.

BBB REPORT

While they do have several of complaints, the vast majority are resolved satisfactorily.

AG means Attorney General? Your wife is a lawyer I presume?

D.

·
Registered
77 Posts
According to THIS POSTING some Best Buy stores are selling this model for $[MSRP Only] . Pricematch at CircuitCity and get it for $50 cheaper with free delivery.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been lurking on the forums for a while following the GWIV's owners thread. We placed our pre-order for the 60XS955 from Sears about a week ago for $[MSRP Only]. I noticed today that Best Buy has it on sale, so we had Sears pricematch Best Buy's price of $[MSRP Only] plus we got 10% of the difference. So, Yes, I can confirm this is true.

·
Registered
75” Z8H, 77” A9G
204 Posts
Does Best Buy have to be in the city in which Sears or CC reside to match the BB price?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ordered today from BB, for that price. I decided to go with BB because if you buy a $10.00 reward zone card, they give you points for every dollar you spend towards future buys. The salesman told me that in this case, that would amount to $160.00.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Actually the reward will be around $125 assuming you paid the $[MSRP Only]. They changed the policy about a month ago to $5 reward for every $150 spent.

One possible good deal is ordering the set online at circuitcity.com and doing an instore pickup. Circuitcity.com is giving a $400 gift card with the 60XS955. Do instore pickup and then pricematch Best Buy when you pick it up. Spend the gift card on something else like a stand or ebay it. Now this is all theory, I haven't tried it but I've read of people doing the same thing at circuitcity.com on other items with an online only offer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Quote:
One possible good deal is ordering the set online at circuitcity.com and doing an instore pickup. Circuitcity.com is giving a $400 gift card with the 60XS955.
Opus2, I don't think they have it in stock, BB does.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sombra_azul
Opus2, I don't think they have it in stock, BB does.
Sears was mentioned as having it in stock so I assumed Circit City would also.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.