AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question for you all. Has anyone here ordered a screen direct from Stewart Filmscreen, or do you have to go through a distributor? Just curious and trying to keep my costs down.

Thanks.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Rondo,

I didn't order from Stewart, and I'm not sure that you can, but I did order a Grayhawk through AVS (Jason) and was quite pleased. I couldn't handle the $2000+ quoted locally, so I just ordered the material with a border and made my own frame (which works fine in my setup, but is hidden by masking). My 104" was less than a third of that price. The cost is apparently the same on the Firehawk material.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Rondo,

Ditto on ordering from Jason at AVS! Great pricing and excellent communication. What else could you ask for?

Good luck to you!

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Also ordered a Firehawk from AV Science. As always quick and reliable service, good price. I think I've bought something from them at least once a year for the past 4 or 5 years. I keep coming back.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Again - Jason at AVS. Price smoked my local "dealer" by a huge margin - great service. My impression was that you couldn't go direct.

CucMan

P.S. LOVE this screen.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Stewart in general will not sell directly to the customer. You need to go through an authorized dealer for pricing.

Feel free to drop me an email for pricing on some screens.

Thanks!

PS-Thanks to all you others for the referals! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.