Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm afraid the answer is "no" here, but has anyone recently had success ordering the Panny TH-42PWD5UY through Dell's website directly (without CSR support)?

The reason for me asking is that I finally got one of the treasured email (and website only) SB 15% off coupons that seems to combine nicely with the current 10% sale and I'd like to see what I might get the 42PWD5UY for. (I can get the HD version for about $4450and the Pioneer 503 w/card for 5250). The obvious problem here is although I can see the Dell part number on the Fed site, I can't pull it into my cart while being in the SB section. Is it really impossible?

BTW: At these prices I'm afraid I might not be able to wait for the new 50" Fujitsus!

Thoughts? If your choices were

42" SD for $3600

42" HD for $4450

50" Pio for $5250......what would you choose? :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
you mean SD for $3600 right? not $2600?

the stackable 10% on 15% doesn't make a huge difference considering you're taxed 8%+ in SB for California. you're better off selling the coupon to someone else for a few bucks and negotiate your deal directly with a CSR through Dell Home.

see the other new guy asking similiar Dell purchase questions in the thread started by TONEMAN

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hawaii!

I corrected the price (yes of course $3600 for the SD) and my location (now Portand, OR). So I have no sales tax in the SB section.

I realize I could sell the coupon off, given that Sales tax isn't involved I was trying to work the best deal through the site.

·
Registered
166 Posts
you sure you don't have sales tax with Dell Small Business in Oregon? i thought everywhere was taxed when it came to Small Business.

if you have no tax, then you should do the switcheroo. order the HD with the coupons, then call and swap for the SD. get the product numbers (plasma and table stand) from the TONEMAN thread. it's 2 or 3 threads down at this moment.

wow 23.5% off would be awesome.

i think the consensus on this forum is the PQ between the SD and HD is minimal and is not justified by the price difference. sure enough there are a few who still go for the HD.

the PIO 503 is very popular too b/c it provides more inputs and dell at one point was offering an extra year warranty and a video card. the downside was people complained about a noticeable buzzing noise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.