AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Pearl will arrive thursday from avscience but the Chef mount arrived for it today. Jason was to include a 12" chief pipe in the box but there is only a 8" extension pipe. To make matters worse he is out of the office this week.

The top of my projection screen is 24" down from the ceiling. The throw distance will be 11'2" and I am using a 45"x80" screen. I will be going constant height in the next few months with a 45" high screen also and don't know if using lens shift will be a problem. Any ides on how long of a pipe I need? Also, I live in a small town with no Home Depot etc. to buy a pipe locally. I can check to see if my local plumbing supplier has any but don't know what kind of pipe to ask for. Anyone know?

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know what length I need. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Check the manual online for the calculation...

From there you be able to see if you need a longer pipe or not.

You can try and work it out in advance but the best way is just to install it and look at the image and try the shift. Shift may effect the brightness and sharpness as well so you may not want to use it fully.

I think in your case the projector needs to be within 28" or so from the center of the screen either way. Meaning it needs to be below 6" from the top of the screen....

But double check that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.