AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I've just put together a htpc in a s21t chassis, but I'm having a bit of a problem with the screen... I simply can't turn it on. The rest is working just fine - the screen drives up and down, and if I connect another monitor it shows the picture, so it can't be another hardware problem... or?

Is the screen broken?

Any help will be much appreciated.

My specs (if needed) is:

asus p5k pro

intel e8200

corsair 520w

2*2 gb ram

nvidia 8800gt

2 * samsung spinpoint t166

vista

Regards

anoz

·
Registered
45 Posts
Make sure you have a 4 pin molex power supply connector plugged into the board beneath the optical drive and that the screen is turned on. You'll find a power button next to the left side foot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi pcalchemy,

Thanks for your reply. The molex cable is in place and I've pushed the button next to the lower left foot for nearly a million times about now, but nothing happens. Since my first post I discovered that the touch function works... I tried to touch the screen to see if it would "wake up" and then I saw the cursor on the other screen was moving.

- anoz

·
Registered
8 Posts
The touchscreen working simply means you have the USB hooked up correctly.

Just to make sure you have not overlooked anything:

- Make sure the VGA input on the back of the case is attached to your graphics card

- Make sure your graphics card is configured for dual display output

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

Well - the chassis was sent back to the retailer monday, they ran a test on it wednesday and wrote to me that the chassis was broken, so they've sent me a new one which I will receive tomorrow.

Thx very much for your comments to both of you

- anoz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts