AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started getting into HT coming from car audio and trying to get some opinions on subs. I have some old Orion Xtrpro 124's in the garage I thought I could use with a Behringer EP4000 to power them. I originally had these subs in my SUV years back and they sounded great but I know HT is a completely different beast. I'm looking at some of the specs of these newer subs and they seem to hit lower frequencies then the older Orions. I used to have 2 11kv2's from eD in my prior car and was happy with them but they just didn't seem to hit as low as the Orions. Do you think I will be disappointed in their low end since they were car subs? Would it be better to look into some ID subs such as eD, Lava, HSU, etc made specifically for home use?

My current setup:

Pioneer VSX 1120K

Polk Monitor 70s

Polk Monitor CS20

Some old Panasonic HTIB surrounds

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
You can use car subs just fine. Basically the same things as home subs. I came here with my "car sub build" and got great help. Im using 1 15" Memphis MOJO and 2 12" Memphis MOJO in my set up and its really too much. Ive had my 15" unplugged for a long time now..lol..But it looks good sitting there..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts