AVS Forum banner

12481 - 12500 of 20385 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDOrlando /forum/post/20791001

iceturkee,

It probably will not happen and that's sad. I thought there would be momentum last year and that a similar deal like with MLB Network would get done.

Unfortunately, they renew The Sunday Ticket deal out of the blue and then everyone caved and added NFL Network.

The NFL is the only reason why I'd consider them. The other areas where they have an edge is HDNet/HDNet Movies, more Starz HD and more OFM RSN's (Only a few are really worth having). I don't need the later 3.

BHN has caught up to them and has even surpassed them in ways.

If DTV lost NFL Sunday Ticket, they probably would just merge with Dish but they would lose customers with how cable has caught up. If you want those game and team feeds, BHN can probably get to 200 HD channels by year's end. Is DTV really adding anymore?

I do hope they get a deal for NFL Network/RedZone and even though other systems have it, I blame the NFL with how they have treated fans with The Sunday Ticket Package.

I wouldn't give up hope just yet the NFL is seeming more desperate according to the tone of Roger Goodell there might be a deal that gets done.

This might be like the ESPN deal last year where they added ESPN GOAL LINE HD the day before opening day of College football season out of the blue no official announcement in the legal notices for north texas and that is when we first got SDV on the motorola platform.

·
Registered
379 Posts
i know the ny post story didn't sound promising. but my gut still tells me goddell wants to get this done. and if thats the case, it will get done.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Everyone,

I came across this on the Tampa Bay website.

http://brighthouse.com/tampa-bay/about/8645.htm

Apparently, they got this yesterday but have no confirmation from Tampa Bay people. Looks like a good selection of programs and it apparently shows the next day.

It should be on the way for us soon too and should have arrived the same day as Tampa Bay since they are considered the same division now.

Note: The release looks like it could be for all Bright House systems and probably will be on all soon.

·
Registered
881 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDOrlando /forum/post/20801412

Everyone,

Apparently, they got this yesterday but have no confirmation from Tampa Bay people. Looks like a good selection of programs and it apparently shows the next day.

It should be on the way for us soon too and should have arrived the same day as Tampa Bay since they are considered the same division now.

Note: The release looks like it could be for all Bright House systems and probably will be on all soon.

Thanks HDO,

This is great news,now with the fall season upon us I look forward to watching Animation Dom.,House,x-factor,American Idol and the new comedy with Zooey Deshanel all on Demand.

Now what I would like to see next is TNT HD on HD Showcase, they have a few good quality shows.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Peter,

I'm betting we get it before the TV season. Be nice if we got an exact date.

The TNT on demand is like watching a DVR recording you cannot fast forward. They have all the commercials from that night too so instead of watching something for 45 minutes, your watching he whole hour. i do not watch TNt programs much but it sucks.

My bet is we will not get the TNT HD version until the contract comes up again. if that is not in the near future, maybe they will get it sooner but have not heard or seen it available anyay. It's probably the most major scripted programming channel we don't have HD OD.

After about another year of HD additions, we should have most of what we will have with occasional additions and then the HD OD will probably be the stuff we end up tracking and hoping for.

For me, I want CW HD OD to come out for "Ringer" and "Nikita".

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
I wish they had look-back on Lifetime! I would like to actually watch Project Runway but with everything else on at the same time I can't watch it or DVR it. Why do they put all my programs on at the same time? Why do they torture me so? Did I really tick off the TV gods?

·
Registered
379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayan /forum/post/20801839

I wish they had look-back on Lifetime! I would like to actually watch Project Runway but with everything else on at the same time I can't watch it or DVR it. Why do they put all my programs on at the same time? Why do they torture me so? Did I really tick off the TV gods?

just have to have multiple dvrs, especially during football and hickey season for me!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDOrlando /forum/post/20801412

Everyone,

Just got the SD version of Fox and ABC on demand yesterday here in north texas the Fox programs were not working until this morning.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Fox OnDemand and Fox HD OnDemand is now showing in CFL channels 304/1506...

·
Registered
1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDOrlando /forum/post/20804315

Nice!

Now I can watch "Animation Domination" and maybe even "Cops" which I have only watched in reruns for years.

It's great to have options.

you do realize fox ondemand is not fastforwardable right?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDOrlando
Kevin,

Just like NBC.

It sucks but ohh well.
Fox Ondemand and ABC Ondemand were removed today for some reason. I hope it was an accident and not on purpose.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin120
Fox Ondemand and ABC Ondemand were removed today for some reason. I hope it was an accident and not on purpose.
Not here in CFL, all National(abc,cbs,fox,nbc) Ondemand are still showing here.

Ps..Subs from the Tampa area have been recieving stb software updates this past week giving people with whdvr the ability to delete recordings from any converter and other features.So it should be a matter of days for Orlando to recieve it.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r261...-sent-your-way .

12481 - 12500 of 20385 Posts