AVS Forum banner

1901 - 1920 of 3537 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudo38 /forum/post/16340048

OK, I finally got my HR10 to receive 6-1 and 6-2. Here is what I did.

1. Do a factory reset on your receiver.

2. Then go through the OTA antenna set up process.

3. At first it only picked up the old channels that gave me the searching for signal error. I let it set for about 15 minutes, and went back and it once again shows two 6-1s and two 6-2s. This time both showed in the guide, one of each worked and the other was still searching for signal. I went to a custom favorite setup and shut off the 6-1 that read WKMGDT and the 6-2 one that read WKMGDT2. Now I have 6-1 WKMG-DT and 6-2 LATV in my favorite #1 guide and they both work OK.

This may also work to get it back in your HR10-250. I have one in the closet but don't use it, just use the H10 and my two HR20-700s.

Thanks for the help. I can tune the channel, but no guide data at the present time. I expect that (hopefully) will fill in soon. Here is what I found.

My guide was set to favorites (which actually hid info from me)

In Channel List

6-1 WKMGDT was set to Favorite and Received

6-1 WKMG-DT was set to RECEIVED

6-2 WKMGDT2 showed up but was not favorite or received

6-2 LATV was set to Received

I cleared Scanned Off-Air channels

Channel List then showed

6-1 WKMGDT was set to Favorite and Received

6-2 WKMGDT2 was set to Received

(So, frequency 58 channels did not go away with clear, 2-1, 9-1, others still in list too)

rescanning finds

6-1 WKMG-DT

6-2 LATV

Channel List shows

6-1 WKMGDT set to Received

6-1 WKMG-DT set to Received

6-2 WKMGDT2 set to Received

6-2 LATV set to Received

When I set the guide to show received instead of favorites, both 6-1s showed up. WKMGDT shows real guide data. WKMG-DT shows "Regular Programing"

Entering 6-1 on the remote dials frequency 58 (no signal) WKMGDT.

Clearing 6-1 WKMGDT as a received channel, makes 6-1 dial WKMG-DT. I am making video!

Now if the guide data takes care of itself, I am good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks guys, I also had the HR10 set to show favorites and could not see the new 6-1 and 6-2. I took out the old 6-1 from the favorites and added the new one and I'm good. Also nothing in the guide for now but maybe it will repopulate.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I just noticed on my two HR20-700s, that I can't get 6-2 to display. 6-1 works just fine. When I go to my OTA signal strength screen, it shows 85% signal strength for WKMGDT2. When I tune to 6-2, the upper right hand corner of the screen shows the channel as WKMGDT (like 6-1), and I get a "searching for signal" error message. It should show it as WKMGDT2, like the strength meter is seeing. I have reset the channels and done the antenna setup several times and every time it comes up this way. My favorites is set to "All Channels". Is anyone else experiencing this on a HR20-700?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Don't have antennas set to my HR20-100 or HR20-700. Sorry.

I think you should be seeing "LATV" for 6-2 on frequency 26 based on what I saw yesterday on my HR10-250. WKMGDT2 is the artifact from Frequency 58.

I have never had antenna on it, but I will go try and report back what I see.

Also, very specifically, you reported in previous post that you did a "factory reset" on your HR10. What did you do? There are several "clear and delete" options for the HR10. I still have no guide data for my 6-1 (freq 26). I am very curious what my HR10 is going to do at 8pm tonight. TODO says it will record Amazing race on 6-1. However, the guide says "regular programming." Hmmmm

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just goes to show how much you miss out on if you spend a few days away from here. I received my replacement 7694p antenna, put it up in the attic and promptly "lost" 6.1. I couldn't figure out if it was the new placement on the antenna or what. I didn't do anything about it for a few days, then jumped on here this morning, only to read what happened. That makes me feel a LOT better. So does successfully rescanning and pulling 6.1

Thanks
I love this site!

My new plan is to keep it in the attic, install some of those screw in hooks, make some loops out of light rope or some old, crappy, shielded speaker wire , and hang the antenna from the hooks. This way, if i ever need to move the antenna, I can swing it a couple of different directions. No to just make my attic easier to get in to :-/

Lastly, I'm planning on picking up the Insignia converter box as soon as BestBuy has them in stock again. #1, is it still the best? #2 I'll finally be able to pull some signal strength stats for everyone.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengland /forum/post/16345504

Don't have antennas set to my HR20-100 or HR20-700. Sorry.

I think you should be seeing "LATV" for 6-2 on frequency 26 based on what I saw yesterday on my HR10-250. WKMGDT2 is the artifact from Frequency 58.

I have never had antenna on it, but I will go try and report back what I see.

OK, after a little bit of work with the HR20-700 here is what I found.

No indication that it actually did a channel scan. It appeared to get the info out of the Sat stream to determine what it should show as channels.

6-1 is listed as WKMGDT (Not WKMG-DT)

6-2 is listed as WKMGDT2 (not LATV)

Signal strength was 100% on both when I tested (Tells me it is going to Frequency 26). (Found under Edit Off Air, Signal Meter)

From the guide, I can go to 6-1 and see TV. From the guide and directly dialing 6-2, I get the 771 searching for signal error.

I am thinking Antenna test and channel selection are using two different sources of data relative to physical OTA channel information.

·
Registered
598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengland /forum/post/16345776

Also, very specifically, you reported in previous post that you did a "factory reset" on your HR10. What did you do? There are several "clear and delete" options for the HR10. I still have no guide data for my 6-1 (freq 26). I am very curious what my HR10 is going to do at 8pm tonight. TODO says it will record Amazing race on 6-1. However, the guide says "regular programming." Hmmmm

To do the reset on the H10 (not HR10), I selected "Reset" from the menu and then selected "Reset Everything". I am getting guide data for both 6-1 & 6-2.

Quote:

No indication that it actually did a channel scan. It appeared to get the info out of the Sat stream to determine what it should show as channels.

Signal strength was 100% on both when I tested (Tells me it is going to Frequency 26). (Found under Edit Off Air, Signal Meter)

From the guide, I can go to 6-1 and see TV. From the guide and directly dialing 6-2, I get the 771 searching for signal error.

I am thinking Antenna test and channel selection are using two different sources of data relative to physical OTA channel information.

That is identically what I get here, also. I have reported it to DirecTV. On the same TV, I get 6-2 using the on board tuner. I think the scan is done when you run the initial setup.

·
Registered
598 Posts

Quote:

Are you running the latest national release software, Version 0x02F4, on the HR20-700?

·
Registered
508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudo38 /forum/post/16346105

Are you running the latest national release software, Version 0x02F4, on the HR20-700?

No, the latest CE 0x301.

Quote:

That is identically what I get here, also. I have reported it to DirecTV. On the same TV, I get 6-2 using the on board tuner. I think the scan is done when you run the initial setup.

Antenna had never been set up, so it went through the full setup. Asking for zip code, local market, etc. It never went through anything like the HR10 where there was any visible 2-69 scan.

Quote:

To do the reset on the H10 (not HR10), I selected "Reset" from the menu and then selected "Reset Everything". I am getting guide data for both 6-1 & 6-2.

That is what I was afraid of. I have several series from this season that we have not started watching yet (12-13 shows each). We usually catch up during summer reruns/gameshows. Reset everything wipes out all your recorded programs if I remember correctly. After tonight, I will try reseting the guide data to see if that fixes anything.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadamorrill /forum/post/16345524

Just goes to show how much you miss out on if you spend a few days away from here. I received my replacement 7694p antenna, put it up in the attic and promptly "lost" 6.1. I couldn't figure out if it was the new placement on the antenna or what. I didn't do anything about it for a few days, then jumped on here this morning, only to read what happened. That makes me feel a LOT better. So does successfully rescanning and pulling 6.1

Thanks
I love this site!

My new plan is to keep it in the attic, install some of those screw in hooks, make some loops out of light rope or some old, crappy, shielded speaker wire , and hang the antenna from the hooks. This way, if i ever need to move the antenna, I can swing it a couple of different directions. No to just make my attic easier to get in to :-/

Lastly, I'm planning on picking up the Insignia converter box as soon as BestBuy has them in stock again. #1, is it still the best? #2 I'll finally be able to pull some signal strength stats for everyone.

Thanks again!

This is the most active Orlando OTA has been in a while. I am still waiting also up here to see if I can see 26 during skip. I don't expect to see it otherwise.

I would not hang the antenna by wire. Use something non-metallic. That thing is so light even nylon twine should hold it. Kite string would probably work, lol.

Also if you didn't do a rescan, you would never see WKMG, as you receivers think it's still on 58 or where ever it was. So if you haven't done it , do a rescan.

BTW, how is WESH coming in on the replacement?

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
For one of my antennas, I bought the rat shack attic antenna mount (which doesn't seem to be available anymore). I works ok, but is a little flimsy. For the other I used a piece of 1" od pvc conduit. This works pretty well.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I was wondering if WKMG has gone to full power, or if not, does anyone know when they will. I do still get WKMG on 26, but it’s much weaker than it was on 58. Actually, it’s not really watchable now here in Vero unless skip is good, lots of drop outs. WPEC in West Palm now actually outperforms it, so I don’t have any good solid CBS station I can get at all.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also found that any series links that are set up still tune to the old 6-1 PSIP data for channel 58. You must delete and recreate any series links for 6-1 for it to record on channel 26. this was true for both a HR21-100 and A HR20-100.

Also I still don't get any guide data for 6-1 on the HR10. So what do you have to do to fix this?

·
Registered
87 Posts
They are still not at full power. They dont make it to Lakeland, so I doubt they can hit Vero. I ended up putting that system on Analog 6 for now, and will go back and retune after they get back to regular power levels on their regular antenna.

This is the latest news, which I received on Sunday:

Late night testing of the new WKMG antenna reveled some additional

work that must be done on the transmission system before we can begin

full power operation on channel 26. We will continue to operate at

reduced power until these corrections can be made. I expect this to

continue for the next few days and will update this group once we

have a target date again.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoOTA /forum/post/16360233

They are still not at full power. They dont make it to Lakeland, so I doubt they can hit Vero. I ended up putting that system on Analog 6 for now, and will go back and retune after they get back to regular power levels on their regular antenna.

This is the latest news, which I received on Sunday:

Late night testing of the new WKMG antenna reveled some additional

work that must be done on the transmission system before we can begin

full power operation on channel 26. We will continue to operate at

reduced power until these corrections can be made. I expect this to

continue for the next few days and will update this group once we

have a target date again.

Does that mean they have the new antenna mounted but have feedline issues? I am trying to imagine what could be done from the ground to fix the feed line or antenna, unless they have some RG8 (insert chuckle) as a jumper between the transmitter and the line going up the tower.

I guess it could be in the combiner if they share a feedline on a serious note.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by satpro /forum/post/16361131

Early sunday morning (4/26)

12:01 am DT26 + DT30 went off.

1:00 am DT33, DT 11 and DT 41 and analog 65 all went off also.

2:30 am all the stations except DT30 switched their tx back on.

4:00 am DT 30 came back up.

Don't know if somebody was on the tower during that time or if they were changing combiner configs around or something.

Could be there are 2 feedlines that go up, one that goes to the top platform and one that goes to the platform that is 82 feet below which is where WDSC and WBCC transmit from.

Thanks Satpro, where you up then?

I wonder how big those shared lines are? Diameter.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I remember that tour. Those broadcast transmitter site CFHDS meetings always initiated a good group of local guys. I learned something new every time we visited a station's transmitter.

1901 - 1920 of 3537 Posts