AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am observing a couple of curiousities on OTA broadcasts in the Orlando area. I wonder if anyone else is seeing these problems, or do I have a hardware issue? Tuner is Zenith 420, Display is Hitachi 51SWX

NTSC Channel 9, DTV Channel 39 - The 420 can't seem to make up its mind whether to display this channel as 9 or 39. Using the Channel up button sometimes goes 2-1, 6-1, 6-2, 9-1, 9-2.... Sometimes it goes 2-1, 6-1, 6-2, 18-1, 35-1, 39-1, 39-2.... Sometimes it goes 2-1, 6-1, 6-2, 9-1, 39-2.... And any other combinations you might think of if WFTV were to randomly appear on 9 or 39. I understand that it is actually on 39, but the data transmitted by the station can cause it to display as 9 or 39. Is WFTV's data corrupted somehow? This station is the only one that behaves this way. Signal strength is good, picture quality is good.

Sometimes channels that were not detected in the channel scan pop into the series. I have never seen anything on Channel 20, but tonight as I was changing channels using the channel up button, it stopped on 20.

A channel that was detected in the channel scan but is usually not visible has gotten entered into the sequence and can't be removed. When I re-ran channel scan looking to see if PBS was up yet, channel 23 appeared occasionally. It is a Spanish language channel (Miami?). When channels are detected, they are dark in the channel edit mode. If you delete them, they go gray. Channel 23 is not darkened in the channel edit display, but the up button stops on channel 23.

Channel 41 (UPN 65) carries the same programming on 41-1 and 41-2. The audio on 41-2 has pops and clicks in it that I am afraid will blow my speakers. It hasn't always done this.

Thanks for any suggestions

Al

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.