AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here's the situation that I have... I'm hoping that some folks here might have some useful information before I call Time Warner. This is inside the Orlando area, specifically Winter Park.

I have been on the list for a HDTV decoder from Time Warner for some time. They came out about a week ago and setup the box, connected to my Toshiba 40H80.

There are three channels, CBS, NBC, and the WB which is showing a demo loop. When switching to any of these channels, I'll usually receive one of the following:

Both video & audio. (wonderful!)

Video comes on, but audio only comes in for 1/2 a second or so then goes away.

Video comes on, and no audio comes on.

No video, and no audio. The banner at the bottom of the screen stays on for longer than normal, so it seems like it hasn't "locked" onto the signal properly.

I'm unsure if the problem is all within the decoder box, or perhaps a weak signal, or maybe the broadcaster isn't sending audio.

Any ideas? Help is much appreciated.

Adrian

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Do you have a splitter installed between the box and where the cable enters the house? If yes, I would remove it, connect the box directly to the incoming RG-6 and see if the problem is alleviated. You might just have a borderline signal. Also, check all connections.

Regardless, I would get TW out to measure the signal strengh just before the box. Splitters can be used if you have enough signal to start with and the splitter is a 1GHz model (ask TW for one). Also, one cannot rule out a box problem.

Bruce

TW here too

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.