AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Panasonic Tu-HDS20 has been vacationing at the Panasonic service center in Elgin, IL for the last couple of weeks. It returned home yesterday. I've hooked it up, done a channel scan and now can't seem to receive WRBWDT on 41-1.

Are the rest of you in Orlando receiving WRBW?

·
Registered
846 Posts
I don't seem to have any problems with WRBW with my Panasonic. Though I have not sent it in since I really don't see the drop-out problem. The fan is still annoying.

If you are connected to the satellite, DirecTV has mapping problems with the APG which may be causing a problem. DirecTV has them as 65-1 but doesn't map correctly to 41. So, maybe turning off satellite tuning then re-scan. Maybe resetting the unit in addition might help.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by rich21
If you are connected to the satellite, DirecTV has mapping problems with the APG which may be causing a problem. DirecTV has them as 65-1 but doesn't map correctly to 41. So, maybe turning off satellite tuning then re-scan. Maybe resetting the unit in addition might help.
I'm still having problems. I am connected to the satellite.

Every once in a while, I get 41-1 and then I lose it. I still have all other local digital channels. I tried turning off satellite tuning and re-scanning to no avail. How do you reset the unit? I've unplugged it and plugged it back in and that doesn't help either.

Is it just me or is the Panasonic receiver one of the less intuitive items of available electronic equipment or associated software? It doesn't quite reach the level of ProntoEdit but it's close.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Turning the unit off and unplugging for 5 minutes is what panasonic has told me to reset the unit. I've also read that if you unplug it, remove the card ,wait 5 minutes and turn it on while holding the down button on the front panel also does a reset. Push the card in after the unit powers up. I don't know what the differences are in the reset methods.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've been getting static noise on 41-1 and 41-2 for weeks now. Anyone else have this problem? All the other OTA channels work fine. It's a constant noise all thoughout the shows, especially "enterprise".

I'm using the Dish 6000

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hi Orlando Guys

I'm in Brandon, south of Plant City.

I've got a 30ft mast with a Channel Master YAGI pointed towards yall - but all I can pick up is the WB demo loop.

From this distance (i guess 65 miles?) would I basically point to 1 location and get all of your towers, or does someone think I need to rotate to multiple locs to get all 5 Orlando channels?

I don't know where they are, but if anyone knows the physical location (possibly LAT/LON, or an address) perhaps you could post it here. I need to find out how to calculate a direction from here - I don't have a rotor or a reliable signal meter (the one on AccessDTV is crap), so I'd rather point towards a compass heading.

thx for the help

·
Registered
846 Posts
All of the transmitters are located in the same general area.

This URL gives the locations of the transmitters. http://www.metronet.com/~chipk/tv/MCO.html

The signal strength doesn't seem to be equal for all the stations (my STB doesn't have a meter). WB18 seems to be the strongest, WESH is the weakest.

You might want to try an antenna mounted amplifier. You can get a variable gain unit at Radio Shack.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rich21
I also get a terrible hum on WRBW-DT. It is probably caused by WRBW decoding their analog signal and making it into a digital signal (at the transmitter).
That is correct they have no digital STL studio to transmitter link. They could have a fiber or RF in place to do this but they don't. Instead they just take the signal from channel 65 and encode it at the DT tower. This is another loop whole the stations have found to save themselves some cash. Sure they got on the air way before the deadline, but their signal is not digital it is a hybrid on the cheap approach. Sorry I will save my rants for my own thread next time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.