AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really enjoyed Osmosis Jones. I think it is well worth checking out. Obviously, the film's live action is directed by the Farrelly brothers and the animation is directed by Piet Kroon and Tom Sito- it alternates between Bill Murray and Chris Elliott in the live action segments to Chris Rock, David Hyde Pierce, WIlliam Shatner and Lawrence Fishburne in the animated section. How is that for casting???

The film is extremely inventive and creative and it makes a play on the Farrelly brothers standard "gross" techniques and teaches us (kids) something about the human body as well as mixing in a police/mob story inside of Murray's body as a catalyst for the infection of a disease and how the body fights back.

I figured i would shy away from the standard "summary" type thread and just suggest that you check it out- you all might like it. I guess the point i am trying to make is that i was impressed by what seemed like a standard, lackluster cartoon.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I took my nephews to see this at the theater and I loved it. I was surprised to see it out on DVD since I hadn't read or seen anything about it's release. Since the villian virus' name is "THRAX", I wonder if it was quietly released due to the anthrax situation. Anyway, this is a fun film and I highly recommend it!

·
Registered
711 Posts
My kids love this film. They are of the age where body humor just puts them in stitches. It is even slightly educational, not realistic, but the concepts are there. Recommended. The transfer quality is pretty decent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.