AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I just wonder if that guy did anything career wise with all that he must have learned.

Not just anybody could build their own fuel injected 4 stroke 12 cylinder completely working replica. The knowledge and skill learned to do that has to be of value in itself more than the model car.

Shoot he could have built a full size replica just as easily or at least go-cart sized so he could ride it.

Troy

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you look at it like a full time job, at 40 hours a week, it took him 9.6 years to build it without missing a day of work or taking any vacation time. That's quite a big chunk of one's life.

No doubt the guy is unbelievably talented. To do so well at so many things that were required to build the car is quite impressive. Even if he can apply this to something that will make him money, it would have to be quite profitable to make up for all of the time already invested.

But who knows, he may sell the car for an outrageous amount of money. A rich Ferrari buff might pay a fortune for it.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Smith /forum/post/0

But who knows, he may sell the car for an outrageous amount of money. A rich Ferrari buff might pay a fortune for it.

It would truly have to be an insane amount. Even if it sold for $100K US, that would be less then the U.S. minimum wage for his time!

You might search the archives, I think this story was posted before but from a different media outlet.

Dave

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Sorry Phil, THIS THREAD killed any remaining OT discussions here.

Especially when they have to do with vehicles and the environment.

As some time passes I will allow it again, until then completely OT threads will be locked. You can thank those who can't seem to control themselves.

Kyser

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.