Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
 http://www.wired.com/news/technology...l?tw=rss.index

Tech execs say the darndest things. And so do shuffling presidents, and disgraced scientists, and Wikipedia fakers. It's time to relive 2005's biggest spoken gaffes.

A few:

"I'm going to f***ing bury that guy, I have done it before, and I will do it again. I'm going to f***ing kill Google."

-- Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, in statements attributed to him in court documents by former Microsoft engineer and recent Google hire Mark Lucovsky

The accusations flew fast and furiously in a high-stakes court battle between Microsoft and Google over alleged employee poaching. Drama aside, the case highlighted a tectonic power shift in the technology industry brought on by post-IPO Google.

"Walk this way, talk this wa-ay."

-- Intel chairman Craig Barrett

The most embarrassing executive antics of the year came early in 2005, as a tone-deaf, stiff white guy stepped up to the stage at the Consumer Electronics Show and joined Aerosmith front man Steven Tyler in a duet. Silicon.com has the video.

"Most people don't even know what a rootkit is, so why should they care about it?"

-- Thomas Hesse, president of Sony BMG's global digital business division

The music giant responds in an NPR interview to complaints that anti-copying technology on some of its CDs creates serious security vulnerabilities in computers.

"I know what I don't know, and to this day I don't know technology and I don't know accounting and finance."

-- Bernie Ebbers, ex-CEO of WorldCom

At his $11 billion telco fraud trial, Ebbers tries to pin the debacle on ex-WorldCom CFO and state's witness Scott Sullivan. The jury is not convinced, and Ebbers is convicted of conspiracy, securities fraud and false regulatory filings on all counts. An appeal is pending.

"Lightweight, and crank it on, and you shuffle the shuffle."

-- President Bush

Brit Hume interviews the president about his iPod on Fox News, as recorded in a hilarious transcript published by The Washington Post.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.