AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Banned
1,686 Posts
 Beautiful Sadness - The Cranes

(Please only listen if you are European; and try to ignore the pictures)

Leaves of Summer - The Cranes

I wish I could post Mannikin's "Hunting for Soap", et al, but Mannikin tracks are so rare.

Rhymes of an Hour - Mazzy Star

(One of the few things that makes me cry)

The Mekons' "Sheffield Park" and "One Horse Town" are amazing.

As are Wire's "A Series of Snakes" and "Feed Me".

Ah, we made so many advancements 30 years ago, before Republicans took over... {snigger}

·
Banned
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As I get older, I love the more mellow stuff: Dub Side is a favorite, and I found Bluetech and Jet Jaguar through Groove Salad .

I still can't get away from the old-school industrial stuff, though. I love it so much. For example, this one:

And, of course, Skinny Puppy:

·
Banned
1,686 Posts
Oh dear, this is disturbing: Within 2 hours of my watching the video, I got another email from MoveOn with a link to the same video that had been altered to have my personal name throughout!

You know how I am about privacy...

This wouldn't happen to anyone else watching the video though, as your email and info is not registered with them.

A well-intentioned attempt, but deeply disturbing not just for the idea of Beck attacking me, but more that MoveOn would think it a good idea to let me know they are tracking me. Right-wing nuts I can handle, but those on the Left should know better.

·
Banned
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I love having an off-topic thread here.

I just pulled the trigger on an electric smoker (you can find that model plenty of places besides Walmart), and I can't wait for it to get here -- I've wanted one forever.

I'm so excited about it that I don't even know what I want to cook in it first. I'll probably do a prime rib using Applewood chips, but I'm looking hard at rib recipes (dry rubs and sauces).

If you already have a smoker, or if you're interested in the possibilities then here's a couple of good resources: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/ and http://www.smoker-cooking.com/

I'm also getting a dual-probe thermometer so I can monitor the cooking temperature as well as the temperature of the meat at the same time (some reviewers have said that the digital thermometer on this unit reads a little low).

I hope that my Texan friends won't hate me for using an electric smoker instead of taking the time to master a proper smoke pit.

·
Banned
1,686 Posts
Well Ah'm a native Texan (San Antonio, Dallas, 52 years), and I can tell you my brother loves BBQing & smoking cuts. I can also tell you that he's ballooned to twice his former weight. Loves that steak, baked potato, and butter.

I guess it's worth it to be miserable...

He thinks I'm thin because of genetics, LOL. No buford, it's discipline. Eat less, savor more.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.