AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the best fly on the walls a few years back in the UK was Airline following a low budget Airline called EasyJet.... It was awesome. It showed clearly, you get what you paid for and there was no holds barred in what the TV cameras recorded and aired...

Now the USA has brought it over here and is following AmericaWest (I think that's who)... It's been great so far and I recommend it if you haven't seen it. Watch your worst nightwares (flying on the cheap) but happening to someone else.....

IMHO, a do not miss...

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
It premiered as I was flying... I was thinking... I really wish I had use the replay to record that show.

The wife was really interested in watching it too.

Thanks for the reminder to schedule it!

·
Registered
431 Posts
What Network is this on??? And what day???

It sounds pretty kewl.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
A&E (didn't the subject say this?) don't remember what day. -( I flew on a tuesday, but I don't know if that was the regular night.

Luckily for the people on the show since they are flying southwest they don't have to deal with the fun of switching terminals in ORD, DFW or many of the other crazy places with too many planes.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
It's a great show... I used to fly quite a bit, and the idiots who can't follow the easiest instructions (like have proof your kid is under two years old for a free ticket, be at the airport an hour before the flight) was and are astounding.

This show makes me want to fly Southwest! It's on A&E Mondays at 10:00 AND 10:30 PM ET (two shows a night).

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's re-run several times plus the previous week's shows are run again. I've been recording it for my wife and I've seen some. I record the 1 AM & 1:30 AM Tuesday shows to avoid conflicts.

Do a show search for Airline to find all air-times and pick the best one.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's it, southwest.... Just couldn't think straight. Goto www.tvguide.com and when put in your zip, you can do much faster / real searches. Search for Airline.

Another great show, for those looking is Jamie Oliver (Aka Naked Chef)... If you like to cook, great food and fast, he's your man.... Food Channel, many difference times.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I agree.. I just started watching it.

The problem is they rerun at weird time/day that seemingly inconsistent. Not sure which day/time I need to record without having overlap (since they don't mark the repeat as "Repeat").

To whoever missed some episodes, just go to poopli and request them. I'll fulfil some when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I did a search but it didn't come up, I guess it would help if I had A&E as an active channel on my RTV.

I totally missed the (A&E) in the subject line of this thread... Duhhh... My bad..

Thanks for all the info!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ITGuy72
I like these kinds of documentaries, thanks for the heads-up
It's really more of a 'reality show' than a documentary.

I watched the first episode but wasn't as enthralled as others in this thread are. I'd say YMMV

·
Registered
38 Posts
I saw this show too and have been recording it ever since (4 episodes). Anyone who has ever worked in a position where dealing with the general (I mean really, really general, as in right off the street general) public will immediately identify with the Southwest employees. The con artist trying to con his way onto the flight, customers threatening to sue, and the guy whose bag got slightly torn, etc etc etc, all brings back painful, yet fond memories.

Great show, I highly recommend!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Don't miss the original (and still running) show "Airport" on BBC America. It is based in Heathrow airport, and isn't a half hour long weekly commercial for one specific airline :)

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Heathriel, didn't know Airport was on there... I used to get family to send over DVDs of it last year.

Saw Jamie Oliver tonight (going by show title Oliver twist just to confuse), whow what a chocolate cake he made, in 25 mins.....

American Idol, what a blast tonight too..... Way too funny....

I also hear the USA is doing their version of "Office"... That'll be interesting, what with the UK/US humo(u)r differences and all....

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by heathriel
Don't miss the original (and still running) show "Airport" on BBC America. It is based in Heathrow airport, and isn't a half hour long weekly commercial for one specific airline :)
That's interesting, my guide says it is on Discovery Wings.

The Dreamer

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
See, having a Replay makes you ignore what channels things are on!

It is randomly on BBC America and PBS, but The Dreamer is correct, it is on Discovery Wings right now :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.