1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the show's not on tonight - it's being bumped for the CMA

DAMN YOU CBS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who cares about the CMA, that's what CMT is for

(BTW Toots - go here for some good news)

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
While I watch every reality show, including Race, but I don't like this show.

Not much of a race - they all end up at the same place at the same time twice an episode. What a joke!

It's like they leave at 9 PM, and the rest leave at different intervals until around 10 AM, but their destination doesn't open until noon so they all meet up there.

And then they'll need to go somewhere but there's only one flight a week and they'll all be on that flight.

The worst designed 'race' I've ever seen. Can you imagine if in the middle of the NY Marathon, if a train crossing went down and they all caught up to the leader?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Yeah, what a waste. Another week goes by, and no "Great Race." Just an all-night "Skeeterfest" instead.

Hmph.

Just one question: Is my curmudgeontude such a huge presence here that it really warranted reference in the subject of this thread?

Gee, I feel like I've actually accomplished something for the week!

Yah, but I agree, Randy. Someone starts out with a 12-hour lead which all but evaporates before they can even finish the first task. Seems like there'd be no point to actually race. Just make sure you don't come in last, and you'll probably end up in a dead heat with the other guys on the last episode. But any significant time advantage will disappear before the next leg is over.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Hey, I actually like that show. More than LOST....

But yeah, I agree, it sucks that they always end up together in the middle of the leg, no matter how far apart they started.

FYI- It was picked up for another season....

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I watch it :) (Can't say the same thing for LOST anymore). I just think it's perhaps the worst designed show on TV, and I'm glad I'm not crazy and that you all agree with me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I watch it and I like it. It's more about personality than "race". I don't think it's poorly designed it just a difficult concept to make work. How interesting would it be if one team got 14-15 hours ahead of the others, or all of the teams were sepearated by 4-5 hours. Every episiode, you'd know who'd be in first and last. They would know also and proabbly wouldn't try real hard. So the catch-up points are built-in on purpose.

Notice that the catch-up points are designed to break them up into two groups. That creates some drama for the left-behinds.

·
Registered
416 Posts
>>, if a train crossing went down and they all caught up to the leader?

Oddly enough, this did happen during this years tour de france.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Yeah, I agree that the "train crossing" effect is probably built-in. I just feel sorry for the poor contestants who think that just because they're 12 hours up on the next guy, that they might have a chance to make it through the next leg.

It's totally about the personalities. In fact, that's what got me hooked to Survivor. After literally making a study of human behavior, I've come to the inescapable conclusion that as a whole, people suck. I find that shows like Survivor are a nice study in that effect - sort of a microcosm of the world at large.

'Course Survivor II partially blew it when some dude gave away $900,000 because he didn't want to break his word. Posh! Backbone on a show where we're supposed to see humanity at its worst. At least that was partially compensated for earlier in the series when the same guy described a visit from his mother as "conjugal."

·
Registered
790 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by toots
.... After literally making a study of human behavior, I've come to the inescapable conclusion that as a whole, people suck....
I knew an underlying societal observation was the source of your limitless sarcasm.

Mine came at the hands of the general public during my teenage years while asking, "Would you like fries with that?" My jaded observations were later confirmed by dabbling in psychology to satisfy my elective requirements.

Keep up the good work, Dagny. (Wrong name intended, Miss Taggart.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.