AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the remote has gone bad on the Showstopper I gave my Mom a few years ago. It won't control the TV unless you press the "TV" button at the top before every button press. I've opened it up & cleaned it as well as tried to reprogram it with JP1, but it's still doing the same thing. Just thought I'd check here before hitting eBay, send me a PM if you can help me out.

(and no, I don't want any other remote, considering my Mom's learning curve with technology, it will make my life much easier to replace the defective one with the exact same remote)

·
Registered
3,115 Posts

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
So you're putting a price on Mom's happiness?

·
Registered
518 Posts
LB, I have a few new ones that I picked up a few years ago, that have been sitting in a drawer, and will sell them at my cost of $20 each, plus whatever shipping is, $3.85 I believe.

Let me know if you still need one.

-Mike

·
Registered
450 Posts
I know you said you didn't want to change remotes. My mother is almost 80. I sent her one of rob's urc 6131 remotes with the below diagram (something she never had with the showstopper remote).

My mother had it down in no time. Since the diagram shows what the buttons do, she uses more of the buttons on the new remote than she did on the old one. She also got some handy extra features like the 3min jump and 1min instant replay.

It is still available at Replaytv.US URC6131MV2 for 29.99.

http://www.replaytv.us/images/URC-6131-Replay.jpg

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cornwell
LB, I have a few new ones that I picked up a few years ago, that have been sitting in a drawer, and will sell them at my cost of $20 each, plus whatever shipping is, $3.85 I believe.

Let me know if you still need one.

-Mike
Thanks Mike for the offer (and everyone else for the info), I ended up ordering a new one off Ebay for $30 shipped, not too bad considering one from Panasonic was ~$45 with tax and shipping.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have a URC-6131B00, look very similar to URC-6131MV2. How come mine does not do 3 min, 1 min jump? Do I need to re-assign them? Any trick? It is JP1, too; I am too lazy to do some solidering.

·
Registered
450 Posts
You probably have the standard replaytv load that came with the remote. The special 6131MV2 at replaytv.net has extra replay functions and you can control multiple replays in the same room. It also will control multiple tivos and several other other pvrs.

Robman originally programmed and sold these remotes. He has since turned that over to someone else. I believe his programming has been upgraded even further to recognize the additional pvrs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.