AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a thead about UI that reminded me...

Two weeks ago, I changed my AVS "look and feel"

User CP --> Edit Options --> Scroll to near bottom --> Change AVS Black to AVS White in the pulldown --> Submit

Wow, what a revelation.

I always found the old scheme hard to read and downright annoying. Problem solved.

Recommended.

Mark

·
Super Moderator
21,702 Posts
it is easier on the eyes: good for a change

but somehow I always end up switching back to the old 'black and blue'

also note some other changes: the addition of a "quick edit' button, and the ability to see who is on your 'buddy' and 'ignore' list

:)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks for that tip.

The "white" mode is SO much easier to read, especially with my old eyes ---- which may be why I keep buying bigger televisions, which is of course why I found this place.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
If you want to go really crazy with it, you can set your "User CP" page as a browser toolbar link (make sure automatic login is enabled) and you'll have a custom start page view with just your subscribed forums and threads like this: (attached).

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Rogo, you mean, for 4+ years and 80 gazillion posts you've been in black mode??? I would have gone blind a long time ago.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rich: Wild, huh.... Tom Strade saw me surfing at CES and said, "What the hell is wrong with you!" or something nicer that was the same idea. :) What a revelation.

Anthony: En cada tierra se uso.

MAB: Anytime.

Squid: I have good eyes, and this is still wonderful.

markrubin: You may be the anti-Mark R... Or perhaps that's me. :)

deeann: We have missed you so!

Mark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.