AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the cable signal split so many times the picture isn't as good as I want for the replay..so...where's the best place to purchase either a 20-30db amplifier for the replay or (my personal choice) one of those 8 port amplifier's you can put on the side of the house.

Thanks for your time in advance!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by famewolf
I have the cable signal split so many times the picture isn't as good as I want for the replay..so...where's the best place to purchase either a 20-30db amplifier for the replay or (my personal choice) one of those 8 port amplifier's you can put on the side of the house.

Thanks for your time in advance!
I used SmartHome ... they took their sweet time getting it to me but the price was reasonable.

·
Registered
615 Posts
From what I can remember when I shopped this stuff, Smarthome's prices are higher. Worthington shipped right away as well.

Smarthome's web site is better at learning about which products you might want. Once you've decided what you want, go to Worthington and save some cash!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Don't buy the RCA ones at Home Depot, Lowe's or whichever hardware store you have. They are about $10-15 and are pure junk. They amplify the signal fine but introduce an incredible amount of signal noise. They worked fine on my old tvs and vcrs, but are useless on the Replays

I finally ended up paying Comcast $30 (only) for a single-in, single-out 15db amplifier. It solved almost all of my problems instantly. My remaining troubles are buried in walls, so I record things I care about in rooms with good signal, then stream to where I watch everything.

If you want to dig deeper, look for some posts from Lonetree Jim last year sometime. There was a big discussion on this topic, lots of good input.

Have fun.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by YBDBDOO
If you want to dig deeper, look for some posts from Lonetree Jim last year sometime. There was a big discussion on this topic, lots of good input.
Found it:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=276089

Looks like a cool thread...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.