AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's still abundant programming only available on NTSC480 SDI. (480p or higher with a modern display/projector).

Anyway, in my locale we get COX cable. Broadcasts range from from barely watchable, to good (on a normal CRT TV), to TBS which even looks good when projected.

Everytime I flip through the channels and a 'movie' is playing on this one (TBS) it stands out. The image is so much cleaner as is the depth and the detail. Blacks are consistent, colors are rich and satisfying, and the picture for lack of another term simply 'draws' me in. The apparent lack of video noise is just that, almost noise free.

So, what is it they do others don't? Or, why can't others do as well? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Is this via an HD-STB? Are you sure its not 480P out of the STB, or even higher?

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it's everyday ordinary RG59 Coax cable and analog at that. All my playback devices convert i to p. It looks especially good on my 36" direct view HDTV.

BTW, it's the movies that look so good. Regular programming and commercials look rather ordinary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.