AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using my trusty Siemens Gigaset 2.8 Ghz phone for the past three years without any trouble. Until I added my wireless networking. Somedays the popping and garbage in the phone is terrible.

So, I am going to move to the 5.8 Ghz wireless phones. Questions:

Will using these 5.8 Ghz units eliminate the interference with other wireless devices in the home and neighborhood?

If you are using a 5.8 Ghz system, which brand and model do you have? What are your likes and dislikes?

Thoughts/rants?

I want a system that is expandable to at least six handsets.

Ideas?

Thank you!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Kevin:

There was a previous thread on the Uniden series phones here . I ended up getting the Uniden TRU9466 5.8GHz 2-Line phone with 5 additional TCX905 handsets and am happy with the system. My previous 2.4Gh systems did have microwave interference; the Uniden 5.8Ghz system doesn't.

- Peter

·
Registered
36 Posts
I use the Panasonic line and have been very pleased. Currently using seven handsets and am looking to expand to the maximun of eight shortly. Good range, good audio quality and NO interference now for over four years. I was using the Siemens gigaset and when I went to a Wi-Fi network at home I switched. Much better than the Siemans IMHO.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you can wait until spring that is when Panasonic (and others) will roll out there DECT 6.0 cordless phones. These will be a lot better than current 2.4Ghz/5.8Ghz cordless devices since they use a dedicated 1.9Ghz frequency band (just approved last year by the FCC) and standardized and mass produced VLSI circuits.

The range on the DECT 6.0 cordless home phones is also supposed to be much greater if that matters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.