Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/20/te...0tvprices.html

excerpts:

The cost of big-screen televisions, which have been steadily dropping by about 25 percent a year, are now expected to fall even more sharply this autumn, according to industry analysts.

"Prices are pretty much in a free fall,"

The problem with buying any new technology is that tomorrow it will be cheaper - and better. So why not wait some more? When you buy a depreciating asset, it always makes sense to wait as long as you can. But at this stage in the introduction of big-screen high-definition TV sets, consumers are unlikely to get whipsawed by radical new technology that leaves them regretting their purchase.

Me: Autumn looks great, but personally I'll be holding out till the freefall takes a 120 degree turn.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Me too. Beer almost squirted out my nose.

·
Registered
335 Posts
How screwed up am I? I think I followed it correctly. ;)

-Jody

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I don't understand economics at all, but I completely understand the 'cows chart.

Truth is, I understood what he meant by 120 degree turn. If I heard it from anyone else, I wouldn't have a clue.

BTW, anyone else notice how crappy the spell check is on this site? It doesn't even understand that "I'm" is a word! Not to mention the u(dd)er lack of suggestions when there's a typo, like "understan", with the "d" left off.

I'm constantly using the firefox spell checker to recheck the checker here.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Oh man, I spit all over the monitor when I saw that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.