1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
300 Posts
A friend of mine in college had a watch that was also a universal remote of sorts. Not only could he turn off the TV's but he could also change the channel. Made for many fun nights out at the bars.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Any bets on how long it will be before most TVs in bars, restaurants, and other public places have electrical tape over the IR sensors? I give it about six months, and we'll see employees walking around with all sorts of implements to poke the TVs with. I bet we'll see sticks, broom handles, pens - who knows - so workers can reach the set's "remote-less" controls.

SC

·
Registered
460 Posts
Back in the 70's when everyting was OTA I made a pocket size transmitter that was frequency ajustable and just transmitted a dead carrier and you could walk into a TV store that had a wall of TV's all on the same channel and adjust the transmitter till they all blanked out and watch the salespeople try and figure it out...

Dave

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dont' forget pool cues to turn on the CRT's. I've gotten many a $$ from bars that have cracked PC boards around the on/off switch..:)

Curt

·
Registered
548 Posts
Where can I get one of those!? I can't stand going out to most restaraunts and getting all this TV shoved down my throat.

Great idea!

·
Registered
712 Posts
DaveInVA,

No offense but you have got way to much extra energy :).

·
Registered
JVC RS40, Pioneer Elite Receiver, B&W Atmos in ceiling. Draper Onyx.
658 Posts
They are being sold for $14.99. I'm not going to post the link here. Google it if you want. Or visit slashdot.org

Heads up though. Due to the huge popularity of the device thanks to Wired and Slashdot.org the ordering has been suspended.

John

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
When I first saw this post, I thought Curt had figured a way to click his heels three times and switch from the World Series to an old skin-flick.

Chip

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.