AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where to put this question, thought id start here. Basically looking for a website like AVS, but that applies to the full home. Looking to get info on remodeling a home, including kitchen, bath, appliances, etc. Whats is the AVS of general home remodel?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
594 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,126 Posts
+1 Gardenweb


mike holt forum for electrical


HVAC Talk for HVAC


Lawnsite forum for landscaping
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,126 Posts
houzz.com for decorating/design - lots of great photos; not a forum, more of a resource
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,126 Posts
gardenweb searches are good for specific searches - shower nook design, heated bathroom floor, under-sink kitchen water filter


And of course Cocoontech.com forums for all things electronic - alarm sensors/system, flood/water sensors, whole-house surge protector (nice how-to write-up from Steve), power monitoring, phones, tablets, cables/wires, distributed audio, home LAN, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad /forum/post/0


+1 Gardenweb


mike holt forum for electrical


HVAC Talk for HVAC


Lawnsite forum for landscaping

+1 mike holt is authoritative for electrical, just like HVAC Talk for HVAC, I've posted @ both.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys, all those sites have some great info, but none have a good layout. Would love one to be a vBulleting type site. Its amazing how hard it is to find kitchen before and after pictures, with price paid, almost impossible. Maybe I need to design my own forum, LOL


Why doesn't a gardenweb adapt to a more usable system? They have such great potential to do so
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex /forum/post/20861797


+1 mike holt is authoritative for electrical, just like HVAC Talk for HVAC, I've posted @ both.

I've used holt's forum a ton but isn't HVAC talk very anti-DIY? I can remember asking help for some DIY work I was going to do and I got about a dozen responses along the lines of "we aren't going to tell you how to do it, go hire a professional, this is our way of making a living" responses.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 /forum/post/20865242


I've used holt's forum a ton but isn't HVAC talk very anti-DIY? I can remember asking help for some DIY work I was going to do and I got about a dozen responses along the lines of "we aren't going to tell you how to do it, go hire a professional, this is our way of making a living" responses.

You are correct, HVAC talk members can be anti-DIY at times, I've seen it in some of their posts.

However, if you do your homework and ask the Q in a informed mannner, they tend to be supportive.

Over there, I've seen way too many noobs ask q's and HVAC is technical - more so than DIY HT, and can get hurt much more than most of the HT DIY stuff (except of course high current stuff, etc).
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top