AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moderator Note: Dave, this is after all a forum about Home Theater Computers and not troubleshooting an E-Mail client so I am going to have to lock it up.

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

Sorry about the OT problem but I didn't know where else to turn. I have run an online virus scan-housecall and I come up clean. My outlook express stopped working well a few weeks ago,tried to re-install and no improvement.

I have received three returned mail:host unknown from emails that I didn't send. Can anyone help me? Feel free to private message me if this thread is out of line for this forum.

Thanks guys,

Dave

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Somebody could be spoofing your mail address as the sender (i.e., your e-mail addy is in someone elses infected machine) or there is a virus/trojan that is sending mail via your computer. BTW, if outlook express is not working how are you receiving bounced mail? Lastly, you need a real virus program like Norton's, etc. to properly scan your system. There are a lot of viruses/trojans going around lately and some of the antivirus vendors are having trouble keeping up.

I had a problem something like this and one of my kid's friends computer was infected and it was trying to relaying mail through my mail server using my child's email address has the sender. I had to strenghten the security on my mail server to stop that one:) This is also another possibility, check with your isp or whomever is handling your mail. Send them the whole mail message.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Michael,

I predominantly use Opera Mail as my email server. It is net based and does not require outlook. www.operamail.com

As per your suggestion,I will send the email to Opera Mail. I tried Symantec's Anti-virus on my Win 2000 system and it boogered up too many of my programs. Any anti-virus program advice.

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.