AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there D&M, I have a feature request for any new DVD players that you might come out with. How about incorporating a few of the remote control features that us Replay users have grown used to already, such as...

QUICK SKIP - a button that will jump the DVD ahead 30 seconds

INSTANT REPLAY - jump back 7 second

nn + JUMP - jump to a particular location in the DVD

nn + QUICK SKIP - jump ahread nn minutes

nn + INSTANT REPLAY - jump back nn minutes

These are not necessarily features that the average DVD user would ask for, but I know that whenever I find myself watching a DVD or a VHS tape, I often find myself reaching for the remote to do something that can't be done.

I think the most useful would be the "nn + JUMP" feature. Let's say you start watching a DVD but don't get all the way through it, you could use DISPLAY to see how far you are into it, then the next time you can use "nn + JUMP" to return to that spot.

That all being said, for me to be interested in a DVD player, there has to be a way to make it region free! :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Some of those features exist in today's DVD Players.

My old RCA had a wonderful feature called Instant Replay. You hit the button and it skipped back 10 seconds and turned on Subtitles for those 10 seconds. That's better than what my Replay would do. On my Replay, I hit Mute ('cause I set my TV to display CC when Mute is on) and hit Instant Replay twice to go back 14 seconds. That gave me enough time to get in front of what was said and read what I couldn't understand.

Both of my DVD players allow you to dial in what time you want to jump to.

This is one reason why I try to download owners manuals before deciding what to buy. Some of these features aren't advertised, but are critical in the enjoyment of the product. i.e. I will never buy another TV that doesn't have auto CC during mute as an option...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.