AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HTPC is an AMD Duron 700Mhz with 128mb 133mHz RAM with a 64mb 7500.

I use my HTPC for manipulating images sometimes with Paint Shop Pro with sizes up to 3~5mb. When the pictures get this size it is sllloooowwww and can easily crash my system.

My HTPC is perfect for DVD viewing, but I wouldn't mind speeding up the imaging processing time and was wondering what part needs the upgrading. I'm hoping it's not the video card b/c I love it.

Sorry to take up space with this thread, but I've asked in other forums and the photo geeks just aren't as computer tech savy as you guys here.

Thanks,

Neuner

·
Registered
888 Posts
Although 5MB is on the small side, you might try adding more RAM as that is typically the first thing to beef up when doing digital image manipulations and ram is cheap, cheap, cheap nowadays. Stick as much ram as you can afford into that puppy.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Jah-Wren Ryel

Stick as much ram as you can afford into that puppy. [/b]
You're funny! I'm paying for a wedding and closing on a house on the 20th. I can't 'afford' anything :D But ya, I'll give it a try. I've always wanted to get faster RAM to speed up my bus MHz to 233.

I rechecked the file size and ya, your right, 5mb is small. The picture I scanned in that was crashing my system was 87mb.

Just got a new Canon s900 printer that comes with some software. I'll give it shot. Paint Shop Pro is an awesome program so i hope that isn't it. So the memory on the vid card doesn't matter? Is that mostly for 3D gaming?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.