AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
It truncated your link.

Anywho, I guess I'm still a little confused as to what content they will offer?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is the 2nd time that a Yahoo News URLS didn't work after posting a link. I am not sure what the cause is. However, do a Yahoo or Google search for Joost for the news story. The website for them is http://joost.com

They have said before they are going to have agreements in order to have everything legal. So they might have a chance of having good content.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
There's quite a few other free P2P video streamers that people are using to bootleg channels, out-of-market sports, etc. Two of the more popular are TVUPlayer and Sopcast. But they all seem to be dependent on the whims of users wanting to source a channel. Seemed to be pretty popular for NFL games, I caught a couple that I wouldn't have seen otherwise that way.

Sounds like Joost is trying to go legit and cut deals with the content providers, but I'm still not convinced P2P will be the answer for some of the less-popular content. They claim that they'll always have last-resort servers for stuff that no one else is sharing. I guess we'll see.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
This all very interesting. It continues the path of convergence that has been occuring over the last 4-5 years.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they pull off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.