AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't match Chips' $82.00 Teranex (IF he's not pulling our collective leg... I'll head over his place to check up on him in the next few days ;) ) BUT....

SIR TS-360 and two SD DirecTV decoders all for ninty bucks delivered. Included documentation, access cards, remotes, and cables. (Even included the IR blaster cable still sealed.) I plan to use the 360 as a scaler and on my RD801, and if I ever get tired (enough) of Adelphia cable I've got a complete kit to deploy DirecTV (minus a triple LNB dish...)

So how 'bout it Chip? Gonna show me that Teranex? :D If it's for real, and if you need a rack to put it in, I've got immediate access to some goodies.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtnfoley
Can't match Chips' $82.00 Teranex (IF he's not pulling our collective leg... I'll head over his place to check up on him in the next few days ;) ) BUT....

SIR TS-360 and two SD DirecTV decoders all for ninty bucks delivered. Included documentation, access cards, remotes, and cables. (Even included the IR blaster cable still sealed.) I plan to use the 360 as a scaler and on my RD801, and if I ever get tired (enough) of Adelphia cable I've got a complete kit to deploy DirecTV (minus a triple LNB dish...)

So how 'bout it Chip? Gonna show me that Teranex? :D If it's for real, and if you need a rack to put it in, I've got immediate access to some goodies.
How's your leg feel? Gave it a good tug did I? I did get the Silicon Optix scaler with the HQV processor. for that money. :D I have a extra triple LNB in the garage if you need one.

Chip

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The spec sheet for that HQV scaler says it optionally does edge blending... how I have no idea.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
JT, which way does your house face. I think you might have trouble hitting all three sat's especially sat-C from your location.

Chip

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Front of my house faces north-ish, back obstructed by obscene hugh pine trees.

I may need to borrow your LNBs (at least) just to get this thing to boot! All three of my access cards result in "BOOT FAIL"

I'll try my fourth card (known to work in my TS-160.)

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtnfoley
Front of my house faces north-ish, back obstructed by obscene hugh pine trees.

I may need to borrow your LNBs (at least) just to get this thing to boot! All three of my access cards result in "BOOT FAIL"

I'll try my fourth card (known to work in my TS-160.)
If I have time, I'll drop it off today. You need un-obstructed view south west. Sat-c is very low on the horizon. Somewhere around here I have a jig that I made to see if it can be done. It's a T shaped device with three brass tubes attached to a vertical plane, each at the correct degree of elevation. The base has a compass. You set it on a level surface and rotate to the correct direction for each transponder and look through the correct tube. When you find a spot on your location that you can see clear sky for all three, it will work.

Chip

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks... I'm still trying to work around the "boot fail" message and just having a sat-c LNB on the end of the wire may get me a menu and disable the dish (the TS-360 can do this IF it's got a good access card OR an antenna...)

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The TS-360 behaves very much like the 160 I've already got... with one major exception.

The "installation" menu is on-screen ON COMPOSITE AND S-VIDEO but not on RGB (go figure) regardless of what I did with the "output" and "resolution" buttons. And this was while showing "boot fail."

I finally hooked it up to my Mitsu MegaView 29 on S-video and was able to set it to "no dish" and THEN RGB came to life. So now all is good.

The scaler performance via component is surprisingly good. 1080i on my Graphics 801 (I tested it in the theater so I could better see artifacts) looks pretty good with only a quick setup and re-converge.

I'll return your dish sometime later today. I did not need it after all.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
JT, You can keep it for a while to see if you can get a clear shot for all three transponders. I only have it as a spare.

Chip

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.