AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a very reliable samsung SIR-T150 digital tuner for several years now, which has been delegated to tuning OTA HDTV signals for my replaytv. The setup worked for quite some time (1.5-2 years or so), and I even posted a thread here with my experience setting it up.

Now, the tuner is acting strange and I'm not sure it's its fault. It basically stopped receiving all of the big network channels (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, UPN, CW). It still gets other stations, like PBS, a couple of latin channels, some other local stations, but no networks!

If I take the same antenna feed and plug it into my panny TV that has an ATSC tuner, the networks come it strong, so it's not a signal problem.

I'm very puzzled by this, and frustrated now because I want to record "24" in better quality than the standard analog tuner. Is it possible that all networks decided to change something about the signal (PCIP software?) so that it's no longer compatible with the samsung? I don't think I'm running the latest firmware by the way, I have 1.8 (maybe 1.9) and I see 2.0 on the net. I'm in the NYC metro area by the way.

If I do need to get a new box, what should I go for? I see very few T150's on ebay, some T151's and more T351 and T451's. I don't care about QAM, just OTA and replaytv compatibility.

·
Registered
217 Posts
There is a guy named DinoToes that was able to get the new Samsung DTB-H260F ATSC settop working with his RTV. It uses different IR codes than the previous generations of Samsung settops, but there is a *.rid file that can be loaded onto the RTV to fix that.

I've got a T-351 that has a bad habit of hanging when changing channels, so I'm looking for a replacement too. The reviews of the DTB-H260F have been good, but it's very hard to find one in stock.

RF

1 - 2 of 2 Posts