AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize in advance if I am posting this to the wrong forum, but I was wondering if anyone had succesfully recorded 24 last night and would be willing to share?

Please PM me if interested in helping out. I checked to see if there are any replays of the episode, but no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Jup

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jup
I apologize in advance if I am posting this to the wrong forum,

Jup
Top of the posts.. read the stickys

Apology accepted (can I do that for the mods??? not sure... )

·
Registered
65 Posts
As a matter of fact I did record 24 last night. I always record 24 that way I can replay it for my wife stopping every few minutes to explain all the asinine , insane , ridiculous plot twists that they use to keep you from understanding that at the end of the day this might be the worst written show ever. This is understandable for 24 but I also have to do this for everything from "Everybody Loves Raymond' to 'Letterman". She has this concentration problem.

BTW I have to commend Replay because CA actually did a good job on 24 last night which never really worked all that well before. It may be something Fox is doing or the software is getting into full "grok".

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jup
Poopli? Isn't that a pencil holder from the Simpsons' version of IKEA?

Either way, thanks for the suggestion.

Tough crowd.

Jup
Not as tough as many.. more knowledgeable than most (not me personally... the crowd).

Welcome to the Forum.

·
Banned
954 Posts
Bull51: I sypathize with you where your wife is concerned, but I am in TOTAL DISSAGREEMENT with you where "24" is concerned! It is, by far, one of the best things to happen to TV in a long time! The writing is superb! Perhaps ("at the end of the day") YOU are having some problems concentrating!!

WHAT'S THE CONCENSUS ON THE SHOW "24"? ANY SUPPORT APPRECIATED!

·
Registered
65 Posts
So it's plausible to be shot in the neck, have major surgery and be back on the job in 45 minutes? Please! Then throw in the baby, the President's brother's johnson and the fact that all of these highly trained government employees are incapable of following the simplest order without going it alone, I mean come on. The first year was great, last year was hard to believe and this year is downright silly. The thing that made it good, the ticking clock, is now the reason why it fails. I think for realism I'll have to start watching wrestling or soap operas. Last year was their 'jump the shark' season, this year the shark is riding the motorcycle. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong but in this case I don't think so.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Oh, it's an absolutely rediculous show. But I still love it. It's incredibly entertaining, but yes you definitely have to suspend disbelief. I actually record the entire season and then watch them all at once. I did this the first year, because everyone was talking about the show and I forget what it was, but it was on at the same time as something else - maybe Buffy. So when FX ran the marathon, I set it to record them all - but left the tv on. I was packing for a trip to Florida and had to leave early in the morning. I was so totally sucked in that I wound up staying up until 5am unable to turn the damn TV off.

Last season I found that the only way to not have to watch the show non-stop is to actually only watch half of an episode and then stop it. But if you watch it till the end there is just no way to not watch the next one. Or maybe it's just me and a lack of willpower. I mean, how hard is it to just turn the TV off? :)

-em

·
Registered
82 Posts
24 - great suspense show - who knows what insane thing they will do next, totally unpredictable.

The thing I noticed from episode 1 on is that the writers seem to absolutely HATE women. With the exception of 1 woman (Kate) every woman on the show has either died, turned evil, been a total moron or turned out to be a traitor.

It's good entertainment though ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think I'd describe the plot lines as "contrived", but isn't that always the way for suspense stuff.

I'm hooked though. At least once in every episode, I find myself saying, "I just HATE IT when that happens to me!"

·
Registered
65 Posts
From the first show on this show has been hard to believe but the first season was well written and suspenseful whereas now it is just suspenseful. I'm wondering how they are going to get some big cat,i.e. mountain lion, cheetah or puma, into the CTU to attack Kim? No, wait. She is ordered to stay put but sneaks out and flies to Mexico and is captured and held by the evil Mexican to force Jack to hand over the virus which can destroy the world and Jack will get that frowning, troubled look on his face as he grapples with the daughter who, if truth be told, would do Jack and the world at large an enormous favor by jumping out of that airplane on her way down to Mexico but who doesn't which will leave Jack to ponder his dilemma; save the world or his daughter or better yet both and hey, wouldn't it be OK under the horrible stress he's going through if he just 'shot up' one time. I mean one little bitty squirt is all it would take and Jackie Boy would feel right as rain. While we are at it, Kim's boyfriend is proof that monkeys can act. The misbegotten love-child of J. Fred Muggs and Carol Burnett has really shown the world that the average U.S. Federal agent is, in the words of Bugs Bunny, an ultra moron. I can imagine the point in time when the writer googled "Mexican big cats" to see which jungle beast will threaten Kim and I hope that they had the good sense to make sure this Jaguar (I looked it up) slashes her blouse exposing some of that creamy white flesh that all of us boyz love ever so much. Hey I said it was poorly written, I didn't say I wouldn't watch. I'm easily entertained; I watched 'Tremors' for the twenty-fifth time yesterday, the second time in a freaking week.

BTW Suspense is not always contrived- watch "wait Until Dark" sometime and you can see that suspenseful and contrived aren't neccessarily synonyms.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by zeromorph

The thing I noticed from episode 1 on is that the writers seem to absolutely HATE women. With the exception of 1 woman (Kate) every woman on the show has either died, turned evil, been a total moron or turned out to be a traitor.
I pretty much have to agree with you, however I think Michelle is another exception. Her character is strong and intelligent, and has remained a true patriot. Of course, I'm probably biased because of my crush on Reiko Ayelsworth. I've had a thing for her ever since I saw her in an episode of Now and Again which, interestingly enough, also starred Dennis Haysbert. :)

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gweempose
I pretty much have to agree with you, however I think Michelle is another exception. Her character is strong and intelligent, and has remained a true patriot.
Just don't count on it remaining so....;)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Has she started using an IBM computer yet? If so, we know she's bad :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.