General comments that I have been hearing from the woman

"If you keep messing with it your gonna break it"

"You just can't leave well enough alone"

"It is fine the way it is"

BTW I broke my access point some how last night

·
Registered
387 Posts
We have 2 directivo's, and the hard drive crashed in one of them. I was told not to break the working one in trying to fix the other. Of course for some unknown reason the working tivos hard drive decided to smoke as I was making a backup of it. Needless to say she wasn't very happy. Their both up and running now though with doulbe the recording size, so she has forgiven me.

·
Registered
283 Posts
LOL!

Me: Those blacks in the picture could be better.

Her: What do you mean? Black is black. Leave it alone.

Me: Let me adjust it.

Her: We never watch a whole movie. We watch you adjusting the damn picture. Can we just watch an ENTIRE movie?

Me: Yes, as soon as I get the picture right.

(CRT PJ owner for 3 weeks and lovin' the tweaking!)

Dan

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a Toshiba 42HDX82 HD capable RPTV. Lot's of adjsutments possible

I am the one doing the adjsuting and my husband gets annoyed sometimes.

I researched and bought the thing, I know how it is supposed to look, so I am always trying to make it look the best. He did not do any of the research so he has no idea that it can be any better through adjustment than any analog TV could, so he does not understand why so many adjustments are necessary.

Your wife will get it only when you take the time show her the difference. Do this some time other than when a movie she wants to watch right now is on. Show her how to make adjustments so she can make what she watches when you are not there look good too. Explain why programming on each channel will be different every time. Explain about DVD's and how each director shoots movies differently and about aspect ratio's and such.

Also, learn to decide when it matters to adjsut and when it does not, and back off a little if you can.

Good luck,

Dee

·
Registered
327 Posts
For me it's my kids (2 and 3 years old). They'll be watching Toy Story or something and I'll notice need for tweaks.

"NO DADDY! LEAVE ALONE!"

Is all I hear. So I've learned to grin and bear it. And these are not small things -- one time the overlay saturation settings got smacked to zero in ZoomPlayer (someone walking on the keyboard I'm certain) and I was restrained from the options dialog for the duration of Peter Pan. They watched the whole thing in B&W and I couldn't get in for a second to fix the problem. Didn't matter to them a lick and I was getting twitchy.

matt

·
Registered
752 Posts
I've heard most of those complaints from my family. It really does drive them nuts!

Perhaps we need a 12 step program. Something like "theaterholics anonymous" :D

Of course, I really can't think of anything more unproductive than a room full of Home Theater tweakers all proclaiming:

"My name's David, and I'm a theaterholic. It's been two days since my last convergence."

Hmmm...on second thought, it sounds like fun! :D :D

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I make it a point to never tweak during a movie. After its done, I will go back and play.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
I tweak during commercials and still get bitched at, eventhough the audio can still be heard and it is known that the show is not back yet.....

·
Registered
172 Posts
life would be so much better if dscaler let me have multiple dialog boxes open and functioning. it seems to like to only have one windows usable at a time, otherwise i'd have a couple monitors with every setting under the sun open, and the projector showing whatever its showing. see if they notice then.

i keep apologizing for how bad the quality is, but i sense the greatest annoyance is me constantly fixing it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.