AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, hey I just received my first season collection of Alias. Man, I am glad the good television series' are showing up on DVD as collections. I am a collector at heart and I LOVE the idea of "owning" (or should I say owning the rights) to watch an entire series when I feel the need.

The complete season one is out NOW and season 2 will be out in early December. I have already pre-ordered that one. I believe Alias and 24 are THE best shows on Television and I hope the producers go right along with the show on this one and release every fall, the last seasons shows on DVD. This way only months after the series ends, we can buy the last collection and be done with it.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
After an outstanding 1st season you can thank ABC for monkeying around with the show last season. Hopefully they'll get back on track after the big "shock" ending of season 2.

(I'll put the 1st season of Alias up against almost any shows 1st season for absolute kick-assness.)

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I'm with Lizard on that one. Alias and 24 are my two favorite shows too, but you sure could feel the difference in Alias after the Superbowl, While it still generally tasted as good, it just wasn't as filling.

Man, I wish CBS and NBC would stop letting ABC get hold of good shows, they just can't be trusted with them. They're good at putting on the news, I'll give them that, but don't forget these are the folks that also brought us "Murder One", "Sports Night" and "The Job".

With so much crap on TV, it really pisses me off when they manage to screw up some of the few good shows that do emerge.

Changing subjects, it will be interesting to see how "West Wing" does without it's creator this season.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by The Robman
Changing subjects, it will be interesting to see how "West Wing" does without it's creator this season.
First ep was ok, my two biggest complaints:

1) Sorkin rat-a-tat-tat (sp?) dialgue is gone, gone, gone.

2) Too many music montages. If I want music videos I'll watch the 8 minutes a day when MTV still shows 1 or 2 videos.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think for my tastes, I like Alias just a smidge more that 24. I can not explain it much other than to say that 24 left me exhausted after the shows were over and season one was too much doom and gloom. I liked the second Season of 24 much better than season 2. It was more versatile and did not show 40 mins of just two characters (At least the way I felt). I got tired of the plot on season one, and once that happened, I thought it showed too much of the wife and daughter getting in to too much "stuff"

Kidnapped, then not kidnapped, kidnapped, and not kidnapped.....kidnappeped....That being said, since I could not afford to start collecting TWO boxed sets at the same time right now, I elected to set my sites on owning Alias and attempting the complete series from beginning to end

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I know the subject matter was "heavy" for the first episode of West Wing, so it's hard to judge, but I sure hope it retains some of it's humor. I'm nervous because the humor was obviously a Sorkin creation (as it was very similar to the Sports night humor).

Hey, I wonder how the Practice will do this season without it's CAST!!! :)

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
This fall, The Practice takes over where Seinfeld left off. First, there was a show about nothing. Now, we will have a show with nobody.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.