AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys have anything else that money flows continuously into?

I am starting to get into DIY speakers and amps now, then the next project is possibly a super seven kit car.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Home repair. It's a natural partner to HTPCs - very DIY. You could hire/buy, but it would be very expensive. If you do it yourself, you can get exactly what you're looking for. I play with the PC stuff in the winter when it's too cold & rainy out to work on the house, and the house in the spring/summer.

I've been instructed that I'm repainting half the darn house before baby #2 arrives [in 10 weeks], and in the early summer I am to build a brick patio. My wife says that this year the HTPC project needs to go dormant somewhere around 3/31, cuz she'll be using me pretty fulltime around the clock then.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
My main other 'time and money flows into' hobby is ham radio. NTSC is much more fun to send than to receive. Others include roller coasters, antique television sets, and 'a few cool toys on Ebay that I had (or wish I had) when I was a kid'.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Audio but trying not to become a 'phile...

Sailing...

Radio control flying bits (helis / planes / weird stuff)... Used to be involved with Hangliding / paragliding / skydiving / glider flying at various times in the last 10 years they are all out due to my current location but basically I get a kick out of being airborne and second hand is the best RC can offer...

Wine... Women... Song... :cool:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
A hobby similar to this one - Audio/Video data

Publishing my own web page as noted on Audio/Video data, super-efficient house design (insulated concrete domes), alternative energy, rainwater collection, organic farming, super-realism (3-D graphic artwork in oil, acrylic, CAD...), super-efficient transportation (pedal, gas or electric powered), RC electric sailplanes....

Funny stgdz you mentioned DIY speakers - I have A TON of info and will be putting up a web page soon for that. I wanted to go with a 4-way all 1st order xover ceramic spherical design - but headphones really sparked my interest. ;)

You should check out my headphones page with hyperlinks :D

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Besides Home Theater, I'm also into cycling, off-road motorcycles, target shooting (air & powder), gardening, bird watching (such as it is in this area), whale watching.

Would like to take up ocean kayaking this summer. Oh, I'm looking into building a chopper; complete kits can be had now!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just getting back into photography again, thanks to a brand new Digital Rebel.

My wife and I also plan on getting a pair of touring kayaks sometime this year. So, I'm looking forward to that.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Eating and drinking...seriously, a lot of time and money on food (mostly cooking it myself) and wine.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Traveling around the world (except Asia, Africa and Arctic - just not interested in those places).

Gardening.

Crystals collection.

Reading.

Scuba-diving.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wireburn
There are OTHER hobbies?
Yeah, I think one is called Fedora Linux . ;)

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
i love woodworking,and any thing that has to do with construction work...love to fish,bowl,and spend time with family.

brickie

·
Registered
530 Posts
I dug a big hole in my back yard and throw money in it. Ohh no!!!!, I mean I go boating.

I tried the automotive hobbie, but that 1970 porsche is just rusting in my driveway, Any takers?

As far as wood working and home improvment, I am a home improvement contractor who does not want to take his work home with him.

dave

·
Registered
392 Posts
Racing cars...

You think this hobby is expensive??

:eek:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.